Who doesnt like Florida?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HOW CAN ANYBODY LIVE WITHOUT MOUNTAINS???

I love to visit Florida,having relatives near Ft Lauderdale and Pensacola. Great diving in both areas, though I prefer Pompano Beach south to the Keys. And no weight or exposure suit during summer dives is a wonderful change from the West coast. But whenever I am out there the flat horizon bugs me to no end.

And the last time I was out there I got hit by a tropical storm that cut power. Inside a modern, well insulated house was so hot I set up a tent in the back yard.

Years ago I could go diving in the morning and skiing the same night. These days I like having the choice for several months per year. When a Floridian wants to go snow skiing it involves flying somewhere.

Nice timing to your question, it's been quiet lately. If you had asked it on this date in 2004 you'd get a much different answer from Bonnie, Charley, Frances, Ivan, and Jeanne.

or 2005, this time of year we had Wilma...

My wife and I moved to Florida from Peoria Il. in 1998 to Port Saint Lucie and it was ok, my wife didn't like the move because of family up north, but 6 months later moved over to Okeechobee and you couldn't drag us out of here with a dragging machine....Everything is within 2.5 hours from us,,,from the keys to tampa to orlando to daytona to miami and we are on one of the best fresh water fishing lakes anywhere...I dive 2 times a week on my boat trailoring it to Fort Pierce or down to Key Largo and all Inlets in between depending if I am sight seeing or spearfishing....We both work at the same club in town called the Brahma Bull...She is a manager/bartender and I play music 4 nights a week...Good Luck

I was kidnapped and forced to leave my snow fort at the tender age of 10 spent the next 39 years in CF cave diving is the only reason I don't move. There is a reason Florida looks like a sewer drain. The US flushes everything down here. If there was any work in North Florida Tallahassee area I'd be outa here.

Bad things about Florida:
  • Bloody hell, it's really flat.
  • I don't mind heat, but the humidity is a bitch.
  • Above average number of rednecks.
  • Why don't they euthenase some of the old people?

Good things about Florida:
  • Excellent diving.
  • Excellent college football.
  • Excellent amusement parks.
  • Above average looking women.

Taken as a whole, you'd have to say that they got the important things right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom