Who dives Sea Elite?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had one of their bc's for a long time and have been happy with it. I also have a few wetsuits. Their suits are relatively inexpensive which is good because I wear them for abrasion/fish spine protection mostly.

The stores are kind of a pain to deal with because there is a new manager there every time you go in. I can think of about 7 in 5 years. Just about the time you get to know one they get fired for something stupid out of their control or some other b.s. If someone there happens to know what they are talking about they will soon be out the door.

I've also had serious problems with my regs. after they have serviced them. No telling who they've got doing service.

Bmcalli:
I'm looking to get a complete set of gear and while shopping at Divers Supply I came across the Sea Elite name. Apparently, only Diver Supply deals this stuff. I like the prices but hows the quality and realibility?
Brad

SeaElite is the shop's own private label of diving equipment that they originally intended to sell only mail order. Sometimes their stuff is excellent and sometimes it is just plain junk. Basically, they go to whoever will give them the best deal for what they need at the time. At one time they were getting BCs made by the same American OEM as many of the big guys. At that time the BCs were outstanding. They then shifted to a small company outside of the US that made OK stuff, but far below the quality of what they had before. Consistency is not the strong suit for the Sea Elite label.

Just my $.02

Ray

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom