Who can service my octo with quick turnaround?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aznlmpulse

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've been looking for an in-house authorized servicer....my octo is on the verge of free-flow. Every shop I talked to sends the regs back to the company for servicing, or has a 10day min turn-around.

Any suggestions?

depends what brand? (as to which shop to recommend)

also.. a tech told me that most free-flows aren't caused by the second-stage, but are due to the first-stage starting to slip or blow.. so, maybe get the first-stage checked out too.

but a couple good shops: IDH and OC (dakine repair in kapolei.. that's OC's main bench)..

I find that an extra $50 spot will get it done in ONE day

I heard there was a guy in hawaii kai that rocks...anyone know how to get in touch with him?

it's an aqualung legend lx, with legend octo. Fairly new, about 6 months...I hope it's not the 1st stage. The primary 2nd stage works just fine.

His name is Mikey and he DOES rock! He's in the book under Mikey's Scuba Shop.

cool! thanks..I'll have to look him up ASAP!

sea nmf:
His name is Mikey and he DOES rock! He's in the book under Mikey's Scuba Shop.

Mikey - checked out my octo (which was freeflowing) and didn't charge me for it. Especially nice of him, considering the stuff with the Feds. I still feel bad about that.

What island?

If Maui, check out Maui Dreams -- they'll often do it on-the-spot, providing one of the repair techs (Aron or Don) are in...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom