Whites suit wont dump air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was filling the tanks at LDS today and just walking along the shelves saw an Aqualung rear entry suit. It is made exactly like TSandM says, the zipper goes so far on the shoulder that it's not possible to put the valve on the outside. And even if you do it close to the elbow. The only way to do it is to put it on the biceps.

I love the cuff dump valve on my DC. It vents with the same motion that I used when venting my BC. While my buddies are making like 6th graders doing armpit farts (sorry guys, you know I love ya) I just roll slightly to my right and raise my left arm a bit. Don't even break horizontal trim.

I just roll slightly to my right and raise my left arm a bit. Don't even break horizontal trim.

That's how a well-placed shoulder exhaust valve is supposed to work; and oftentimes you don't even need to raise your hand. Just shrug the left shoulder a bit and the gas starts flowing.

That's how a well-placed shoulder exhaust valve is supposed to work; and oftentimes you don't even need to raise your hand. Just shrug the left shoulder a bit and the gas starts flowing.

Not doubting you. I'm still a newby to drysuits. If memory serves their shoulder valves are pointing down when they're horizontal. They have to go vertical to vent. Sounds like they should move their valves around to be pointing out. Like I said I'm a recent convert but to my eyes their valves look to be in the "standard" position.

Forgot I posted on here too. So I called a local shop and they would just put a plug in the current hole and move the valve for me for $90. That's not too terrible. Let's see if I can get these pics to work of where mine is at.]

And yes I understand I'm not supposed to be doing runaway ascents, hence my frustration:confused:

I understand that I want to vent gas before the bubble starts expanding, sending me for the surface, hence the reason I am here trying to come up with a solution to my problem of not being able to dump gas.

file.php

file.php

http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11772

Don't forget, there is always the option of just raising your arm and wrist to vent air through the wrist seal. If you watch you can see when it is slowing and lower your arm, staying completely dry. In some of the smaller (tighter) caves there is not always room to get your whole body in the position to use your suit dump. I have been venting this way (as an alternate method) for quite some time with no problems. The valve sounds like it should be moved, but always learn your options because diving is supposed to be fun. Getting hurt is not an option.

Yeah I wear dry gloves so thats not really an option. The only other thing I could do is pull the neck seal if I could even get to it.

Back
Top Bottom