Whites Fusion Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Weeelll...when I first saw this thread, I didn't post anything, because I've been so pleased with mine....but:

Having to explain to everyone that sees it for the first time just what the hell it is that you are wearing....
<snip>

This is a kind of repetitive issue.

Once in a while I get some comments that "it'll never work" or "it'll never last" or ""I bet it's cheaply made". It is a delicious bonus to watch the expression on their face when I tell them my suit has more than a hundred dives. And even better when I have them compare the seam quality of the Fusion with their (usually a _ _ _ ) suit.

Still, there's all that 'splaining to do.

All the best, James

Thanks, James. Although I've read the review you wrote and watched the video (great work, by the way), I did not realize you now have over 100 dives on your Fusion. That's the kind of information I was looking for--it says quite a bit about durability of the suit. Pete

Yes it really is that good. It's much better than my 4/5mm wetsuit. If anything is restrictive, it'll be the undergarments not the suit.

Okay, please help me out with some context here....

The notion of diving dry in a suit that fits and swims like a 3mm wetsuit and makes me look like a super hero is an attractive notion.

Now I know that everyones thermal tolerance is different but when claiming that sort of fit an mobility what temperature range are you garmented for?

We're looking hard at this suit and need to understand this. My need will be mainly in the 40 - 50 F range with excursions above and below that temperature.

Thanks,
Pete

I have dove one without tech skin and MK3 in 42 degree water and Im a tall skinny guy...I was fine :wink: I will be diving my Tech Fusion this weekend in 48 degree water and Im going to dive the MK2 for comparision and also take my MK3 in case I get cold. Even with the undergarment, I can move pretty easy. These dives were all about 1 hr or so dives while I was DMing, and we did about 14 dives over the weekend...the only thing that got cold near the end of each dive was my toes...

Hope this helps Pete...if not...let the questions fly :wink:

Okay, please help me out with some context here....

The notion of diving dry in a suit that fits and swims like a 3mm wetsuit and makes me look like a super hero is an attractive notion.

Now I know that everyones thermal tolerance is different but when claiming that sort of fit an mobility what temperature range are you garmented for?

We're looking hard at this suit and need to understand this. My need will be mainly in the 40 - 50 F range with excursions above and below that temperature.

Thanks,
Pete

Any shell suit has little or no insulation integral to the suit. Insulation is dependant on undies. Many conventional suits will impose some limits on mobility. The fusion will pretty much give you whatever mobility you have when wearing just the undies.

Any shell suit has little or no insulation integral to the suit. Insulation is dependant on undies. Many conventional suits will impose some limits on mobility. The fusion will pretty much give you whatever mobility you have when wearing just the undies.

I knew that much....

So I see you're a few miles down I95 from me.....

If you go diving tomorrow locally what will the suit feel like? 3mm? Or like any shell suit with a winter garment?

DiveRight Mike--Thanks. Good info. I hope to dive a Fusion tomorrow as well in 49 degree water with a Weezle undergarment. Pete

I am diving mine in water that is in the Mid 40's and I am wearing a MK 2 with a layer of cold weather Poly Pro underwear under that and the mobility is still very good. Easy to Don and Doff the fins while standing up, and to reach the valves either on my doubles or single rig. Last weekend I dove in 42 degree water with just the MK 2 and the mobility was obviously much better and I only had a slight chill after a 48 min dive. It was only 50 degrees air temp so I could not get the chill to go away so for the next dive I put the Poly Pro's under the MK 2 and was plenty warm for another 40 min dive. This weekend it is supposed to be 71 degrees and I am expecting water temps in the mid 40's again. I am just going with the MK 2 to see if I can take it with the water air temps. My feet are the only thing on me that seems to get pretty cold. If I wear two pair of Wool hunting socks I am fine though...

Phil

Thanks, James. Although I've read the review you wrote and watched the video (great work, by the way), I did not realize you now have over 100 dives on your Fusion. That's the kind of information I was looking for--it says quite a bit about durability of the suit. Pete

Link please?

Jack

Back
Top Bottom