whites drysuits questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes the local shop can bring in whites drysuits and is a dealer. I don't want to say much more than that though. Suffice to say they are ill-informed about the Fusion and promote other brands. Maybe because they have them in stock. I don't know. Anyway I will hopefully check a Fusion out here in Calgary and go from there. I'll PM you if I have any questions...thanks for the offer! Cheers.

James

Not sure what the margins are between the two manufacturers but the shop might be better compensated from one maker then the other . . . or the shop's employees have never dove the fusion and are what I lovingly refer to as Suit Snobs . . . :wink:

Yes the local shop can bring in whites drysuits and is a dealer. I don't want to say much more than that though. Suffice to say they are ill-informed about the Fusion and promote other brands.

Then they are making a huge financial error. My local shop is a Whites dealer and the Fusion is really selling well here in central Ontario. It is amazingly flexible.

Yes the local shop can bring in whites drysuits and is a dealer. I don't want to say much more than that though. Suffice to say they are ill-informed about the Fusion and promote other brands. Maybe because they have them in stock. I don't know. Anyway I will hopefully check a Fusion out here in Calgary and go from there. I'll PM you if I have any questions...thanks for the offer! Cheers.

James

Based on their responses they might not even dive trilam drysuits at all:) As a bare trilam owner I can assure you that it totally relies on the undergarment as well and requires positioning the hand correctly for venting. It cools down in no time as it's thin trilam and has no insulation properties.
What I can say as well the current version of Bare Trilam has some "bugs" to fix. Overall I'm happy with it. I tried Fusion once but did not like the dressing up process, too much excess material was making donning difficult for me.

Thanks for the feedback gang. The jury seems to be in on the fact that you did indeed receive some incorrect information regarding having to manually dump the exhaust valve. As stated above our valves come from SI-TECH and all are ratchet dialed which allow them to be adjusted to control the air flow. The forum is also correct in corresponding about shell suits requiring some form of undergarmet to protect against the elements. We have a full series of thermal undergarmets to make your dive more comfortable no matter if you dive in the tropics, or if your ice diving. Along with the fusion you won't find a more comfortable dive.

I am looking at the Whites Fusion in a couple months myself . And have not determined witch one (the Fusion Sport or the Fusion Tech).What is the differance between them? And how durable is the sport compared to the Tech

DIVE SAFE KEN

The Sport skin is Lycra, and the tech skin is a thin neoprene. The suit with the Sport skin is lighter and dries faster, and you don't have to be concerned with water trapped between the skin and the bag. The Sport skin will not support pockets with some assertive DIY action.

I wondered about the durability of the suit in general, and the Sport skin in specific, when I bought mine. But two years and a bunch of cave diving (and other diving) later, I have one small hole in the Lycra by my knee, not far from my p-valve, and for all I know, I caused that making the p-valve hole. I'm amazed, actually, at how well the Lycra has held up, even where my harness runs over my shoulders.

I use X-shorts to get around the pocket issue. They work well and most people don't notice I have them on. The only time they cause a problem is on the rare occasion when I forget them. (It's always better to have everything you need permanently hooked together, because in my experience, anything that CAN be left at home eventually WILL be.)

The Sport skin is Lycra, and the tech skin is a thin neoprene. The suit with the Sport skin is lighter and dries faster, and you don't have to be concerned with water trapped between the skin and the bag. The Sport skin will not support pockets with some assertive DIY action.

I wondered about the durability of the suit in general, and the Sport skin in specific, when I bought mine. But two years and a bunch of cave diving (and other diving) later, I have one small hole in the Lycra by my knee, not far from my p-valve, and for all I know, I caused that making the p-valve hole. I'm amazed, actually, at how well the Lycra has held up, even where my harness runs over my shoulders.

I use X-shorts to get around the pocket issue. They work well and most people don't notice I have them on. The only time they cause a problem is on the rare occasion when I forget them. (It's always better to have everything you need permanently hooked together, because in my experience, anything that CAN be left at home eventually WILL be.)

Thank you TSandM The information you gave will help me in my decsision

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom