Whites Dry Suite Survey Only.................

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

River Rat

Contributor
Reaction score
I have recently purchased a Polar Flex Drysuit from Whites & placed the order in November. I have since then received the Drysuit but haven't yet seen the Undergarments & several other piecies as well including Evo Boots. I called My LDS & they explained to me that Whites has since shipped the items Im *****ing about, so I went the extra mile to talk to Scott (Salesman for Whites) why it has taken 3 months so far & no Boots or other items. Scott " Customs is holding onto the material because of they exceeded the quota for items being exported ". So I called customer service & they explained to me that it was the shipper UPS who is causing the inconvience. Sound to me nobody can confirm the correct reason why at Whites. Very Unprofessional in my oppinion.

Are there any other members on this board who have ordered a dry suit from Whites in the past that have experienced the same problem ??? I will provide a link to upper management on this site about the Customer Service. So any members that have experienced the same treatment that I have please leave a comment, it would be greatly appreciated.

I paid approximately 2200.00 For a Polar Flex Package Deal that includes Evo 3 Boots, Bag, & Undergarments as well as the vest that goes with the undergarment. Eric even said he'll send me the Military Bag as an inconvenience to prior complaints but I have yet to see the Military Bag.

Thanx

Gerry

Another scubaboard member and divecon at our shop has the same issue. He has a lovely drysuit and his fleece is sitting there in customs.

Some of these rules are just lame.

Don't get me wrong but I think the Polar Flex is an awesome suit & back orders on Undergarments are put off til April or May. No way !!! I just put an order for a Weezle Extreme Plus today to compliment the Polar Flex.

Thanx Brother

Gerry

Having bought several items on E-Bay, I now don't expect anything at my door unless it's been well over a month. Once something gets into the clutches of customs, it's like a black hole. Sometimes I think that the officials rent the stuff out for a while to make extra money. I don't know how it is on your side, but Canada Customs sometimes holds the stuff for weeks, then charges you a "handling fee" for the priviledge. I had a few things sent to me across the border that won the lottery and weren't opened by Customs. They were at my door within a week (from Europe). All that being said, I know of local divers who ordered Whites stuff (Whites is based in my city) and it still took a couple months. Most of the time it was because of the dive shop forgetting about the order, but I'm assuming this didn't happen with yours.

Odd that it is coming as bits and pieces. I called my LDS to see if they could give me a good price on a Whites Catalyst package. Walked in a few days later - we opened tha package - changed out the boots as the ones that came in the bundle didn't fit and I walked out later that afternoon with the suit, undergarments etc. Don't see why the stuff was sent as parts instead of a single package. The suit together with the boots, undergarments, ondds and ends all came as a unit in a single bag. Looked liek it was prepackaged at Whites.

Having said all that I deal with customs quite a bit and odd things are the norm, not the exception.

I too am in the SAME prediciment as you with my undergarments. I have a Nexus II with the wrong boots. The boots are on backorder and my warm underware is tied up in customs per my LDS.

Seems that China dumped a LOT of tighty whities on the U.S. last year, and anything labeled "butt hose" gets tied up in customs.

Ugh, so I have just decided to grin and bear it. Whites is doing its best (hopefully), I trust that my LDS is telling me the truth.

I have the shell, and Im learning how to dive dry. . . .and cold.

Spreading the convection warmth,

Tevis

Again I appreciate the responses & will forward them to the folks over at Whites. Personally Im in the Import/Export Industry & I have seen stuff sent from several over countries twice as far if not 10 times that still make it to the States in less then Two Weeks. No Excuses Periond. If there's a problem this large then someone should be fired in the logistics department. Made Order in November & its almosts March which is well over 3 months.

I've dealt with customs & they Never Ever Extend the holding Period over several months. Common Sense !!! As well as Industry Knowledgable. I will Order from DUI from now on, unless Whites Sends Me a Miracle soon.

Please Let us know how long as well as your comments on your Whites Orders.

Thanx

Gerry

Hmmm, I really appreciate you guys and this forum. I now realize that I am not the only one alone in this same mess, my situation is not unique, and that perhaps I am having smoke blown up my butt. When you contact Whites, you have my vote to put my name, and irritation behind it.

Please PM me when you do form a letter.

This is ridiculous,

Tevis

Nemesis Enforcer:
Hmmm, I really appreciate you guys and this forum. I now realize that I am not the only one alone in this same mess, my situation is not unique, and that perhaps I am having smoke blown up my butt. When you contact Whites, you have my vote to put my name, and irritation behind it.

No Problem Nemesis Enforcer, as a matter of fact a sent a Link to Whites Upper Management to this exact page. As I stated before I told Ryan (Customer Service) as well as Eric (Sales) about the problem & furthermore cancelled the rest of my order.

I WILL NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM WHITES FROM NOW ON. IM SURE DUI PROVIDES A SUIT THAT COMPARABLE AS WELL AS COMPETITIVE.

Thanx

Gerry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom