Whites Dry Suite Survey Only.................

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good evening Gerry,
I am excited to see that you are happy with your new Polarfelx as it is a very unique suit that has been sold world wide with nothing but fantastic reviews. GREAT CHOICE! With that aside I would like to address your concern regarding the availability of the new MK1 & MK2 glacier undergarments. I read your posting and in your frustration it seems you have been given more than one reason why you were unable to receive your undergarments. Myself personal would be confused if it wasn't cut and dry, so I am going to provide an explanation on behalf of Whites. In the past couple of months Whites has shipped more undergarment into the USA and world wide then ever before in the history of the company. Supplying all Whites dealers, US National Defense (navy seals), Coast Guard (US & CANADA) and many other public safety accounts worldwide. This being said Whites had reached a quote for this particular item that had to be renegotiated between the Whites broker and US customs, anyone who has dealt with customs in the passed knows it doesn't happen overnight. While shipments to the US were at a stand still, Whites had to continue to ship to the rest of the world, shipping hundreds and thousands of sets of undergarments worldwide. Unable to predict that this undergarment was going to sell out because of its high demand Whites has had to back order some customers, unfortunately you happened to be one of few. To date the customs quota has been resolved and Whites is currently building more and more undergarment to continue to supply the world to keep up with demand. I hope this has resolved some of the misconceptions.

"There are only two ways to dive, naked or dry"

I had the same problem, ordered my custom drysuit which came in around the time they had promised and some of the undergarments came with it. Suit was great, fit perfectly. However, the lighter undergarments and the boots did not come in they were back ordered. It took months to get the rest of the undergarments, the boots finally came in, too big, sent them back and it took months for them to replace them with the correct size! My LDS kept calling them and trying to get it resolved but as White's did not have things in stock there was not much my LDS could do to speed things up. But, I love the suit, just a pain to get the items it was supposed to come with. BTW, several other people also ordered suits (not custom) around the same time I did and had the same problems. If you are going to offer a package deal you should have the items in the package available for shipment. It certainly should not have taken the time to get things corrected that it did.

Al Mialkovsky:
Another scubaboard member and divecon at our shop has the same issue. He has a lovely drysuit and his fleece is sitting there in customs.

Some of these rules are just lame.

I resemble that statement.

Thanks for the clarification, but why wasn't this made known when I ordered?

Dive Dry:
Good evening Gerry,
I am excited to see that you are happy with your new Polarfelx as it is a very unique suit that has been sold world wide with nothing but fantastic reviews. GREAT CHOICE! With that aside I would like to address your concern regarding the availability of the new MK1 & MK2 glacier undergarments. I read your posting and in your frustration it seems you have been given more than one reason why you were unable to receive your undergarments. Myself personal would be confused if it wasn't cut and dry, so I am going to provide an explanation on behalf of Whites. In the past couple of months Whites has shipped more undergarment into the USA and world wide then ever before in the history of the company. Supplying all Whites dealers, US National Defense (navy seals), Coast Guard (US & CANADA) and many other public safety accounts worldwide. This being said Whites had reached a quote for this particular item that had to be renegotiated between the Whites broker and US customs, anyone who has dealt with customs in the passed knows it doesn't happen overnight. While shipments to the US were at a stand still, Whites had to continue to ship to the rest of the world, shipping hundreds and thousands of sets of undergarments worldwide. Unable to predict that this undergarment was going to sell out because of its high demand Whites has had to back order some customers, unfortunately you happened to be one of few. To date the customs quota has been resolved and Whites is currently building more and more undergarment to continue to supply the world to keep up with demand. I hope this has resolved some of the misconceptions.

Dive Dry:
Good evening Gerry,

Dive Dry I appreciate your response on the delay but my order should've been shipped as a package back when I ordered it in November 05 & my starting this thread to figure out how many other members are out there that have the same problem period. I was told it was UPS's Fault as well as Customs so thanks for getting the story straight but it would be credible if you would state your name & your title before giving me a response that you have provided above. Credibility & Reliability is everything. Furthermore as I stated before I work in the import/export industry & have dealt with customs several times before. If they are on hold for 4 months & still in customs then why did I receive only my Dry Suit & not the others by now.

Update as of 2-22-06 I have received the Boot & other Items as promised but still haven't seen any undies yet. Please don't tell me borrow someone else's either.

Thanks

Gerry

I didnt have any issues getting my Whites suit when I ordered. The rock boots took 2 or 3 weeks extra though...
My issues with Whites are with the sizing...The suit I have is supposed to fit someone in the 5'11" to 6'1" range. There is not a chance in hell...I'm 5'9" and the sleeves are borderline short. I'm selling it right now as a matter of fact and a guy came by to try it on yesterday who was 5'11" and he couldnt even get it up over his head...Oh well, I guess everyone should have a White's for their first suit..It makes you really, really appreciate whatever suit you get next...I love my DUI CLX450!!

Whites suit

funny you should mention this, It took forever to get my Nexus 2 package to arive. I work at the dive store and throwing around the idea that I needed to wear the gear to attempt to sell still did not speed up the proccess. I ordered another undergarment for my father and that had still yet to arrive. The fit is not the best either the legs seem pretty small, and I needed to have it custom cut.

The rep mentioned customs trying up the products, but other Canadian companies seem to still get the job done in a hurry.

Oh well their stuff looks cool, thats whats really important right?

JUMBO

Dear All:

Just a quick update, finally got the undies, a tad small XL just like Leftwinger's experience, tho' I am happy to have them and will live with it. Still waiting for my rockboots.

Again, thanks much for starting this thread, knowledge is power.

Batman on as my kid would say,

Tevis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom