White Shark on the Cape?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chebby:
How come there are a lot of Great White sharks in California, but not here? We have yummy seals here too, right?

Not that I'm sad about it.

They have better travel agents. Wouldn't you rather be in Sunny CA than chilly NE?

ScubaNorth:
Yeah the guy that tagged the shark was talking about how exciting it was to be near the shark. He also said how he hoped no one would go near it or "bother" it. I love how somehow he believes he has more right to go near the animal than the rest of the common folk.

Nicely said.

tbuckalew:

I don't know if anyone has read the article from the link above but it's pretty bad. It referenced this fishing customer who wanted to "torture a shark" because of the little boy that had his arm bit off years ago in Florida. (I believe the article is dated 1999 as well). Later on the author talked about how he was concerned the GW they encountered would knock the boat to get another meal. What an idiot....

Anyway this article is definitely not the reference to the GW in the Cape now.

--Matt

Well, did anyone see the report on the news about a guy they interviewed and i guess they and he said that he tried to hook it, but it started to thrash around and the hook came out....I would of loved to meet this **** and smack him a good one. People leave this poor animal alone..better yet they should try to bait it out of where it is.

Hey, I saw the great whites on TV last night. There were two of them, and they sure weren't far off shore...

Chebby:
How come there are a lot of Great White sharks in California, but not here? We have yummy seals here too, right?

Not that I'm sad about it.

The story on the news this morning mentioned that there are GW's in the area but they usually stay in deeper waters not far from where this one is.

Scuba65:
Well, did anyone see the report on the news about a guy they interviewed and i guess they and he said that he tried to hook it, but it started to thrash around and the hook came out....I would of loved to meet this **** and smack him a good one. People leave this poor animal alone..better yet they should try to bait it out of where it is.

For an idiot like that, one can only hope that perhaps next time he falls out of the boat.....

I agree with Large Diver...his falling out of the boat would only enhance the gene pool.

Some article I read said they had enacted a special regulation to protect this shark by making it "illegal" to take a shark in MA waters. Hmmmmm isn't this little darling already an endangered species? Do we have any other sharks in MA waters that anyone with commonsense would try to hook anyway? If you aren't gonna eat it why catch it (ok bone fishermen, I don't mean you guys.)? Seriously do people go out and kill these things for fun?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom