White Shark on the Cape?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PeaceDog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Anyone know anything about this? I'd like to find out some more info on a more specific location where they've been seeing it. WOUldn't mind getting a few minutes of footage.

See the thread about Woods Hole

is to LEAVE it alone. They are protected and don't need to be harrassed.

decapoddiver:
LEAVE it alone. They are protected and don't need to be harrassed.

While I appreciate your Cousteau attitude, I'd still like to get it on video if possible. But I won't go out of my way to do it.

Some people take the actual animals from the sea, I just take images.

Sorry the area has been closed to boats and people. You won't get within a mile of the little lady. Maybe you could try Hathaway Pond? (Sorry I couldn't resist.)

Not to speak ill of the dead, but Cousteau and his boys were known to harrass a few sea creatures in the early days in order to get some good footage for the show. Of course, that info didn't come out until after his death. I loved that show as a kid.

I'm no marine biologist, but the shark is probably sick and will turn up dead somewhere pretty soon. It seems to be acting out of character for a Great White. Hopefully, it's fine and will leave on its own accord.

LobstaMan

ScubaNorth:
Sorry the area has been closed to boats and people. You won't get within a mile of the little lady. Maybe you could try Hathaway Pond? (Sorry I couldn't resist.)

Dude, that was actually really funny.

I may just have to grab some rubber sharks and head to Hathways and place them conveniently within the scope of my housing lens. Sounds like it's the closest any of us are going to come to a white shark on the cape.

Glad to see someone was able to sex the shark. There was speculation earlier as to what gender it was. Means at least someone got close....

Yeah the guy that tagged the shark was talking about how exciting it was to be near the shark. He also said how he hoped no one would go near it or "bother" it. I love how somehow he believes he has more right to go near the animal than the rest of the common folk.

Back
Top Bottom