Myth or Fact? Sharks are attracted to WHITE dive gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok...the videos @Dan posted of the tiger nibbling a fin or grabbing the tank/top of wing...I would be out! Holy crap! Meanwhile, those in the videos look like, "Meh...just another day". The stones on those people!

Ok...the videos @Dan posted of the tiger nibbling a fin or grabbing the tank/top of wing...I would be out! Holy crap! Meanwhile, those in the videos look like, "Meh...just another day". The stones on those people!
You might surprise yourself. Being in the water with those ladies is actual quite serene but with your head on a constant swivel. They are the most enthralling animals.

Speaking of Oceanic Whitetip, here’s my experience with them in Elphinstone:
Fab video! It’s on my bucket list to be around them with my new fluorescent orange gorilla fins in the red sea someday… :)

The Dolphin Dream out of Palm Beach has very specific requirements for diving with the Tiger Sharks and Great Hammerheads
View attachment 835973
This was a really great trip
Going through that thread now over the next few days.
Curious - do they accept scanned copies of cert cards everywhere these days? I remember in the early days of the Internet scanned copies were not accepted and one needed the original cards. But nowadays with technology becoming ubiquitous I have always shown the scanned copies first on my cellphone rather than fish out the physical cards and nobody has ever refused to accept. I wonder if this trip is an exception?

Reactions: Dan
Fab video! It’s on my bucket list to be around them with my new fluorescent orange gorilla fins in the red sea someday… :)

Thanks!

Just stay vertical with your head on a swivel and ready to slap the shark on the nose with your GoPro.

For those Tiger Sharks I did push their snouts (tonic immobility spots, top of their noses) gently to divert their mouths away from me.

Don’t know about sharks but the sea lions around Victoria love nibbling on my big white Novas! They’re also nice for leading a buddy in low vis, probably a bigger safety advantage than maybe getting attacked by random fauna.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom