White Manta: 2014/15 Season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess the tell would be whether or not they retain their Phuket office.

Whither Max?

Don't think that would mean much for the moment.

I think they'll want to return, but simply don't think they will/can, operating a vessel at both destinations does not seem to work.

I can see how it would be a logistical nightmare. (Just one small example: the boat is wired with both UK and US type of electrical outlets.)

But, if you're going to operate in Thailand, what do you do with your vessel during the off-season?

Yes, the White Manta is moving to Indonesia in October, 2014. As in the past, we'll have the boat in Singapore for weekend trips from April to September next year but then it goes to Indonesia and possibly some other exciting destinations. When the Blue Manta comes on line late next year, it will also be in Indonesia with the Black Manta too. Instead of just doing Komodo & Raja Ampat with the crossing trips twice a year, there will be more trips around the Banda Sea and other locations.

Finally, as long as Max has access to a phone and internet, he can do his job regardless of where the boats are. He's an invaluable member of the team who, hopefully, is going nowhere.

Sorry to see you leave Thailand. I was on one of the first White Manta Andaman trips a few years ago and have been a half dozen times since. Its a fine boat with a wonderful crew.

I'll be on board next week, which, I suppose, will be my last.

A bit bit sad, but business is business.

We'd be sad too if it's your last trip with us, Buadhai, but Indonesia just has too big of a pull. Visit us there?

Ah, thanks. I'm an old man now. I prefer shorter trips, closer to home....

We are off on Black Manta to Raja Ampat for Christmas...so many of the mid range boats have now moved to Indonesia....Mermaid and now the Mantas. The diving in Indonesia is just so much better, the reefs are better protected and the Indonesia government does not allow hundreds of boats into its national parks every day like in the Similans. It is such a shame because Thailand is so amazing otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom