White Manta: 2014/15 Season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, I have heard the same from a very reliable source.
DiverMike is already as reliable as can be. :p

The White Manta will be operating in Thailand next season, yes. First trip starts 1st November, last one 2 - 6 April. A few changes - all en suite cabins will now the same price (there will be no distinction between VIP and deluxe) and the price is a little higher next season. And there are a few longer trips which will include Hin Daeng and Hin Muang as well as the Similans and Richelieu Rock.

If there is no price difference between VIP and Deluxe won't everyone want the VIP, especially since of price increase? I don't get it.

I think the VIP room refer to the 4 cabins with a single king sized bed. If I was on board with my wife, I would choose one of those available. The Deluxe cabins include cabins of the same size but they have either two sets of bunk beds or a queen sized bed with an upper bunk. For Thailand trips only two people stay in those cabins. The extra beds are used when requested by families and for the weekend trips out of Singapore. The current difference in price reflects the "inconvenience" of having the extra beds in your room. I suspect that those beds no longer seen as such a disadvantage but I'm just guessing. So, yes, couples would likely request "VIP" cabins and get them on a first come - first served basis.

Back
Top Bottom