Whiskey Wreck 1-20-7 Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I met up with GulfDiver77 yesterday at Bahama Bob's for a dive on the Whiskey Wreck. The water was clear and the surf was only running a slight ankle-shin high. I chose not to wear my hoodvest, but later wished I had since the water was cold! :) Probably close to 60F. The wreck is still uncovered quite a bit, but there is sand filling in the south and interiors of the wreck. The rudder isn't visible like it had been in the past few months. Visibility was a great 10-15' with a slight surge as well as a westerly sideshore current running about a knot(annoying, but nothing to impede the dive). As cold as the water is, there isn't much life out, but there were schools of sheepshead, sponges, and blennies to be observed. I hit a max depth of 16' for a dive lasting just over 30minutes.

Had a great late lunch at Bahama Bob's afterwards :D Looking forward to next time.

thanks for the report. I hope to make it to the gulf one day soon and do some jetty diving. The last two times I've tried, I've had no luck and had to head over to Morrison Springs.

J:

The Gulf is more reliable in the summer, but you can still get plenty of good days in the winter - just usually short notice.

I dove 3 mile barge the other day just as a shake down run due to the fact the crew hasn't been out in a month. Viz on the surface was about 5 feet until you got to about 10 ft. We ended up with about 30 to 35 ft viz with lots of fish.

Definately some keepers around.

I am hoping to get back out there as soon as the weather permits. I am sure me or SBM will keep everyone posted on the Whiskey.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom