which zeagle reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erikharwell

Contributor
Reaction score
I ordered a zeagle ds/v from my lds. they called and said that that reg was back-ordered, and would take a month to get in or I could have a flathead or a 50d for the same price. the flat head they have is yolk only and the 50d is din and yolk. I believe they are both good regs but I cant decide which one, maybe others can help me pick. thanks in advance. oh yeah the price is about 360

erikharwell:
I ordered a zeagle ds/v from my lds. they called and said that that reg was back-ordered, and would take a month to get in or I could have a flathead or a 50d for the same price. the flat head they have is yolk only and the 50d is din and yolk. I believe they are both good regs but I cant decide which one, maybe others can help me pick. thanks in advance. oh yeah the price is about 360

I don't care for the 50 D because it has a swivel.

The Flathead can be ordered in din so I' don't know what you mean when you say that it's yolk only. If it's one they already have in stock and it's yolk the can just swap out a couple parts and it'll be din. Also the the parts that are used to make the 50 D din are the exact same parts that go on the flat head so if they have both regs they can swap parts to give you the reg you want with din or yolk. In fact the entire rebuild kit is the same also. You just get an extra o-ring that you use for the swivel on the 50 d that you don't need for the flathead.

If you don't mind the idea of the swivel, the 50D is near exact the ever popular ATX50/DST

Back
Top Bottom