Which would you choose-Go Pro 7 or Olympus TG5?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would goo with Paralenz :)

ReefHound, Can you use the flip filters with the case you suggested?? Can you the Macro-mini lens too?Great to know that it works well with ambient light less than 50ft :)))))

Suzzzzzzzz:clearmask:

I use the Backscatter Flip 5 filters with a couple of macro lenses (+10, +15).

The TG5 will be more versatile and more futureproof in the long run. Go with the TG5. You can add a wide angle lens, strobes if you wish. As is, your focusing distance is superior for macro on the TG5.

EvilOtter,(Love your name!) Thanks for taking the time to respond. I just went to your you tube channel!! Great videos!! It seems like the TG5 has a more flexibility than the Go Pro. When you are shooting video and pictures do you prefer to have the wide angle option? I wasn't planning on bringing my computer on this trip so I know I will need to buy extra SD cards. Oh my decisions, decisions!!! Thanks for your help!!!

Thanks so much for checking out my channel! Most of my underwater videos are shot on a Panasonic LX100, so please don't use them as a basis of comparison. It's a much more advanced camera with a larger M4/3 sensor.

My wife uses a TG-4 for stills and I have nicked it on occasion to play with while snorkelling. The microsope mode is really fantastic. It is definitely a more flexible option if you want to shoot stills and video. She has a UWL-04 wide angle lens and it works great. That said, I would advise you to invest in lights/strobes first, as these will dramatically improve your shots.

Hi All,:clearmask:

I'm trying to decide between the Go Pro 7 and Olympus TG5 and would love your advice!
I want a simple small system for now that can can capture both video and pictures under water.
I understand you can't switch modes with the Go Pro 7 in the super suit and people describe taking the lens off to fit the GO Pro in the supersuit is a pain. How do each of these perform without an external light source? I'm not ready to get into a tray with lights. What do you think about the use of selfie stick poles for getting closer to critters? I see them on a lot of dives. I like to enjoy diving in the moment vs need to capture everything. But if there is am amazing moment to capture I want to be ready :) I want something that can be used topside too for hiking, kayaking,boating waterfall climbing etc. Is the video comparable between these 2 cameras? How are the pictures if capturing from video on Go Pro. I leave in a week for Qamea, Fiji. I appreciate any help and advice you can offer!!!!!!

Suzzzzzzzz
I'm headed to Fiji tomorrow for two weeks with GoPro 6 and 7. I use the Flip Filters from www.Backscatter.com. Here's some footage from a GoPro 5 I took in the Socorros a few years ago:

I don't like GP's supersuit, so I have invested in an Isotta system that uses Backscatter's flip filter system and does not require me to remove the lens cap. It has a double o-ring seal as well which makes sense. The price of a camera is small compared to the trip to Fiji. I want it to work and not flood.

is-gp7_01.jpg

ff-3kit7_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom