Which would you choose-Go Pro 7 or Olympus TG5?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank
If you haven’t pulled the trigger yet, look at this new information from Backscatter...

Thanks!!!!!!! I did get the TG-5 and just got back from Fiji. I LOVED it!!! Unfortunately the camera flooded on the second snorkel stop. I didn't get a chance to take it diving :( So I may be starting all over. I am so bummed! I didn't use the underwater case since I was just snorkeling. Everything was locked tight but it still flooded. Big mistake to not use the case. I guess I will have to go back!!!!!!!!

Suzzzzzz:clearmask:

The biggest negative of the TG5/6 is the need for that wide angle lens, which alone can cost more than a Gopro.

Wow Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suzzzzzzzzz

:clearmask::clearmask::clearmask::clearmask:
I'm headed to Fiji tomorrow for two weeks with GoPro 6 and 7. I use the Flip Filters from www.Backscatter.com. Here's some footage from a GoPro 5 I took in the Socorros a few years ago:

I don't like GP's supersuit, so I have invested in an Isotta system that uses Backscatter's flip filter system and does not require me to remove the lens cap. It has a double o-ring seal as well which makes sense. The price of a camera is small compared to the trip to Fiji. I want it to work and not flood.

Wow thanks for the info!!! I just got back from Fiji! I can't wait to see your photos and video!!! I got the Olympus TG5 BUT....it flooded on my second snorkel run and didn't get a chance to take it diving. I'm bummed so I guess I will be starting all over. I went to Qamea. My guess is you went with the Scuba Invasion!! Can't wait to hear about it. Happy Diving!!!!!

Suzzzzz:clearmask:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom