Which wetnotes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhlee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm looking for some quality wetnotes with a heavy-duty-ish cover with room for pencils, etc... What I've found so far are the Halcyon ones, the X-notes and Golem Notes.

What are people's opinions about these? It seems like they are all pretty similar except for the H one which is (of course) more expensive, but also has a clear window. Is the paper of equal quality in all of these?

thanks.

I would imagine the paper quality is similar but it would be hard to tell unless you purchased all there :)

I have never seen the Golem but I have used the Halcyon and X-notes. I liked the Halcyon ones better. The spiral coil system in the Xnotes sucked and I liked the extra pockets and such on the Halcyon. I wish I would've bought that one the first time around.

Bah your right at first glance the Halycon definently seems nice, always nice to be able to tuck something away.

oh.. the X-notes have no pockets? I just assumed they would.
Golem notes boast "a multitude of pockets". Anybody here have experience with those?

rhlee:
oh.. the X-notes have no pockets? I just assumed they would.
Golem notes boast "a multitude of pockets". Anybody here have experience with those?
The Golem notes are identical to the X-Notes. The only difference is the logo on the front cover. They both can hold 3 pencils in the front cover and they have a pocket in the back.

I have the H notes and Richie wetnotes, plus I've seen an x-notes cover that presumably went over richie type notes with places to hold pencils and some bungee to close it and for a boltsnap.

These notes have mainly remained in my pocket, so I cannot speak as to how they will hold up over 100's of dives, but on the surface the H notes are more rugged than the x-note cover I saw. The cover was thicker and the bungee was thicker. Also the insides have 3 plastic sheets to protect the paper (2 to tuck it into the cover, one to protect the front or back pages from pencil or other imprints), the paper is thicker than on my Richie notes, there's 2 transparent pockets (one on the inside and one on the outside of the back cover), there's an integrated book marker and perhaps the nicest feature is that the biding consists of 4 small zip-ties so that you can refill the pages if you wish. Of course the H notes cost 3 times as much as the Richie notes and take up more space in the pocket while still performing the same basic function.

wetnotes1.jpg

wetnotes2.jpg

wetnotes3.jpg

wetnotes4.jpg

wetnotes5.jpg

wetnotes6.jpg

wetnotes7.jpg

The coils and cover on my Richie notes started falling apart after a year or so. So despite being initially cheaper, in the long run the more expensive ones would be more economical.

I've used some generic wetnotes that the sprial binding came loose on pretty quickly (no cover). Now I've got some Salvo wetnotes that are very similar to the Halcyon.

It looks like the Golem Notes and the Salvo are very similar or perhaps the same with different labels. The Salvo does include a double ender in the price (or at least mine did).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom