Which weight pocket for wing/bp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edupress

Registered
Reaction score
Hello

Could you please advise on which weight pocket to buy for my wing/bp setup?
I got tired of weight belt rubbing on my plate, it's all scratched now at the bottom.
I saw halcyon acb pockets, dive rite ones, even rather exotic oxycheq - do you have any experience with them? Thanks!

How much weight do you need to use? I have used Dive Rite's 16lbs version but really prefer XSScuba's simple 5lbs pockets.

I would use 5.5 kg. Basically, I was asking which design is better or quality for that matter.

I use XSScuba's 5lbs pockets for tropical diving, simple, cheap and does not take up much room on the belt.

For cold water diving when I need 12lbs I use OMS "no sag" which I am also very happy with. They're sort of like a built in harness system.

Take care,
John

I have a small waist and the acb pockets are too big to fit on my harness. I now use the XS scuba 5 lb pockets, they work fine even with smaller weights.

CUunderH2O:
I have a small waist and the acb pockets are too big to fit on my harness. I now use the XS scuba 5 lb pockets, they work fine even with smaller weights.

Am looking to purchase the ACB system. I too have a small waist. How long is each pocket?

Zeagle has a tops set of weight pouches, best I have seen and used.

bp_weights_124.jpg

Cheers
Chriso

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom