which weight belt for you

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Even when I use integrated weights. I divide the weight between the integration system and the belt:

1. I get better trim.
2. If I decide to loose some weight, I don't release all at once, but either the integrated or the belt, thus maintaining better control.

And yes, I like the pockets better.

But that's me...

Ari :)

or did it have to do with the clasp on the belt? I have heard that some instructors prefer the metal buckles over the plastic closures- supposedly less likely to crack, as Se7en said.

I prefer most of the weight to be on belt. Otherwise, when diving in cold water (read - wearing lots of weight), it's fairly difficult to climb the ladder at the end of dive without taking BC off. With a belt I can hand it to someone on board or platform. :heya:

I use Heath's new comfortable weight belt as discused on this board. I helped test and develope it, and he can custom make it to your specs. I have no financel interest in it but it works well. Search for it on this board.
Lloyd

I think mine is a Beaver Belt - not sure as someone walked off with mine and left me a much beeter one in it's place.....

It's a pouch belt with a rubber back so that it does not slip down my membrane dry suit. Gone is the embarassment of walking along with a weight belt round my knees.......

Weight belts are king - but then I use a wing......

Back
Top Bottom