Which tank valves do you like for sidemount, and why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did say I would post a follow up. I've done a few dives now using inline valves on my side mounted bailouts. It seems to be working out just fine. The tanks hang right and the valve knobs are in easy reach while the regs are well protected. I still have to play with the hose routing a bit, but that has more to do with the HOG first stages than with the valves.
All in all, I like the fact that I no longer have right and left designated tanks. Any tank can be worn on either side, I can switch sides if I need to, or pass a tank off to anyone and it shouldn't interfere with their setup. So far, so good. I haven't found a down side to this configuration yet.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

I did say I would post a follow up.......

So far, so good. I haven't found a down side to this configuration yet.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

Any chance of a few photos of the cylinders tops with and without 1st stages mounted? I'd be interested to see, i'm sure others would too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom