Which steel tanks are good and bad?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I own two hp 130's and two hp 100's. Both are worthington. Love the weight charateristis. I really can't form a opinion on LP tanks due to inexperience with them. How ever when purchasing my tanks I spoke with a few guys that have both, and like both, but lean towards the hp. They said the hp trim different and the weight is distributed a little different, but that is personal preference I guess. I live in south east MI and dive in Ohio as well and never had a problem getting a hp fill in the 10 years I have been diving. I have been curious to try a LP tank though.

divegear express here in south fl has worthington X7-100HP's for $370 shipping included. had one shipped here(key largo)(cheaper than driving to pompano beach!) last year with current VIP, nitrox ready; no issues. i believe leisure pro has similar price, not sure about vip etc. here's a link explaining steel/aluminum tanks and prices,,,,,,,,,,,,

How to Select a SCUBA Tank - Dive Gear Express

reefman
key largo

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom