Which steel tank to get

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Strazz,
Before you buy,
See or call Barry at Dive sales out of Florida,
H.P. Worthingtons hot dipped 130's HP for $305.00 Free shipping, got my tanks in 3 days!
Brad
www.divesales.com
also he has a great chart on site to size and weigh his tanks pluss all the other tanks cheap!

I just ordered a Worthington HP120 from Divesales http://divesales.com for $310 including shipping. Can't find it cheaper anywhere else. LDS was $429 plus $21.45 sales tax. $450.45 vs $310 = a free al80 for my wife. (from the LDS)

The price on DRE includes shipping if I'm not mistaken. That's $285, including shipping. No I don't work for them, I'm just p***ed off that I don't have any good excuse to buy more tanks right now...

And yes, hydrodynamic would have been the correct term :D.

Brian

brianstclair:
Rob,
Dive Rite Express has a great price right now on the Worthington steel tanks, which, from what I've heard are almost identical to the PSTs (and also hot dipped galvanized, I believe). You can take a look here:
Brian

Brian, you are right about the hot dipped galvanized finish. Some Sea-Pearls / Worthington documentation I have seen list the X tanks as galvanized and painted, but not so. They are galvanized only, like PST.

carldarl:
I just ordered a Worthington HP120 from Divesales http://divesales.com for $310 including shipping. Can't find it cheaper anywhere else. LDS was $429 plus $21.45 sales tax. $450.45 vs $310 = a free al80 for my wife. (from the LDS)

Hey Good job Carldarl,
Barrys a hoot at Dive sales and yep I am sure his prices smoke the rest, Its volume-just volume,
And MAN HE SHIPS FAST! My stuff was out the door same day! and was full of air in two more!
Brad

carldarl:

Hey Carl,
Did it come with a Vip sticker? What's the current hydro/man date? I've seen variances in the hot dip finish from summer '05 to Dec '05 too. The later versions seem to have a "shinier" galvanized finsih...:06: I was looking at divesales site as well. I've ordered a couple steels from Larry and they come with the VIP included.

modivin:
Hey Carl,
Did it come with a Vip sticker? What's the current hydro/man date? versions seem to have a "shinier" galvanized finsih...:06: I was looking at divesales site as well. I've Larry and they come with the VIP included.

Dude,
Is he is shipping tanks with valves on and air in them? WRONG, if so let me know!!!
a valve and fill can only be done on a P/U tank.
A VIP must be done "on all " scuba tanks with no PSI in them, unless he is paying for a VIP wich is cheap any how.
Tank has the same Galv finish as the PST I have seen, and are late 2005 fresh stock,
Man dose he throw a NITROX sticker on them for the sticker fee too,VIP inspectors must love guys like this!
Tanks can get trashed thru shipping and I for one would never fill a shipped tank with out the VIP, second if the tank would blow on a fill whos fault dude?
Dive safe,,, Girls
Brad

It hasn't arrived as I just ordered it on Wednesday. Probably Monday or Tuesday and I'll let you know then. As to the VIP, it makes no difference here. The two LDS's both refuse to honor a "mail order" VIP and require a new inspection. Not much money but it is what it is.

modivin:
Hey Carl,
Did it come with a Vip sticker? What's the current hydro/man date? I've seen variances in the hot dip finish from summer '05 to Dec '05 too. The later versions seem to have a "shinier" galvanized finsih...:06: I was looking at divesales site as well. I've ordered a couple steels from Larry and they come with the VIP included.

Its here. My new HP120 arrived safe and sound. I feel like a new daddy... Just as expected. Packaged well, boot and all. Now I just have to take it to the LDS and get a VIP and fill. Unfortunately I'll have to listen to them grouch.

No VIP (wouldn't have been any good anyway)
Hydro is 10/05

I'm happy... Now howto order another one and get it past the "finance department" eyebrow

Back
Top Bottom