Which Spring Straps for SP Jetfin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wayward son does a great job with his custom spring straps. You get the right size and excellent quality.

mdb:
Wayward son does a great job with his custom spring straps. You get the right size and excellent quality.

Not to mention I get to support my local SBM (Scubaboard member) :D

wunat:
Try this site: http://www.spring-straps.com/

Got mine from him. Great product and service.

Ciao,

A friend helped me make the ones I'm using from Home Depot parts - I think less than 12 bucks. The best part about the design as mentioned on this quoted site is the cave line inside the springs to prevent overstretching (I used the same design). Here is a picture from the quoted site:

photo-01.jpg

There is a $36.00 commerical version with little handles in the middle of the springs from scuba.com (scroll down a bit on the page):

012042_big.jpg

Yep, still making them. This is what I can currently provide:

I cut them custom to fit you. The clear tubing over the springs can be either cut clear of the foot pocket, as they are in these pics, or full length to cover the spring from end to end, which ever you prefer. FWIW, most people want them full legth.

All 3 types have nylon line inside to limit the stretch & prevent over-stretching & springing them. Generally expect about 2 1/2 inches of stretch allowed.

Common length sets for Blades & similar mounts such as Apollo Bios are $44 shipped domestically. If you use Rock boots or some such that require unusually long springs, the springs I have to buy cost a lot more. Those are $54 shipped domestically.

These are on my wife's Aqualung Blades. Most post type mounts will use these:

bladefinished.jpg

bladeside.jpg

Common length sets for Jets are $39 shipped domestically. If you use Rock boots or some such that require unusually long springs, the springs I have to buy cost a lot more. Those are $49 shipped domestically.

Jet Fins and similar mounts, such as Rockets and Twin jets:

jetfinished.jpg

Common length sets for Atomics are $44 shipped domestically. If you use Rock boots or some such that require unusually long springs, the springs I have to buy cost a lot more. Those are $54 shipped domestically.

Atomic fins use a unique post. I came up with this to attach spring straps to them without having to modify the fins. These came out nice, but are more labor intensive & can take me a bit longer to ship:

apollo.jpg

apolloside.jpg

apolloside2.jpg

apollotop.jpg

If someone is in need of a pull tab to assist in handling them, I can do this:

Some of the commercial models have nice molded jobs. Some people need something to grab onto, various gripping problems such as arthritis. I don't have any way to make or get anything like that, but I did cook up a way to make something to serve the purpose using braided nylon line.

Pics came out bad, but you still can see:

pulltab1.jpg

pulltab2.jpg

This was simply an experiment on one of my fins. I removed it, as I don't need it. Any that I make for someone else to use will have the ends of the line trimmed closely.

Most people won't need this but some do & it's no problem to add this to the springs. If you want them I don't charge anything extra for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom