Which split-fin for best surface action?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

floete

Registered
Reaction score
I want to try using a pair of split fins with my bodyboard and surfmat. I've heard tell of folks using them to good effect and that they can out perform those short, stubby fins made especially for boogie boards. That said, my brief info searches have suggested to me that some split-fin brands perform better than others on the surface, or close to the surface, such as you might find bodyboarding. Does anyone here have any insight into which fins perform best close to the surface?
Thanks!

Use the search function at the top of the page for the information you seek.

Not many body boarders here.

ID

I have, ID, but the discussions are diffuse and since I am asking a very particular question, about a very particular aspect of split-fin usage, I thought a separate discussion might be in order. And, in fact, I don't think you have to necessarily be a bodyboarder to comment on how split fins perform near water's surface. Am I wrong?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom