Which Reg? Zeagle FH7, Atomic B2 or Mares Abyss 22?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My recommendation is go Abyss

Had mine for around a year around 300+ dives all over the world from Egypt to Australia, Japan to China and lots more and In all types of water temps and the Abyss is nothing shy of magnificent and i will buy it over and over and over again

Thanks MAV

All mentioned all are fine regs. I dove an older version of the MR22 Abyss. And did some tech diving on the Zeagle. In the end we went with Atomic. Mostly because of the design of the second stage. We found the zeagle second stage to be bulky and I hated the ring clamp on the abyss second stage (I think they have since changed it).

Now here is one thing we found - after switching to the Atomic my sac rate went up slightly. Why? easier to breath more air coming.

The other Atomic and their piston design are very easy to service.

All of the above are quality regs. I personally prefer the Atomic line. As you can see, everyone has an opinion. If you get a chance, try to do a test dive and focus on Breath-ability & Bubble Interference. If you end up going with a Short hose/Long hose set up, then that's another reason (hose routing) I prefer the Atomic. Atomic has a bottom port that works nice for the long hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom