Which reg set would you pick?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love the way that hardly anyone on this forum actually answers the question, most just go off on tangents.

Anyway, we're on a budget, and I looked at the local pricing and out of the Mares range, I can only afford the MR32 Prestige, Tusa, the 340 I think it is, and then there is the Cressi, which I still think is a good deal
As for her choosing the one she wants, thats what will happen, but if I'm going to be spending the money, I'd like to know what her options are.

As for Scuba pro...no thanks, servicing costs are too high over here, and the Apeks etc, are just not available.

We're going to go on the weekend to a few shops and see what deals they can give us.

Yes there are alot that think money makes a reg better here, or that everyone has money to burn.

I use the cressi ellispe titanium with a xs octo and dacor supereme mini console. No issue been down to 110ft, breathes fine. The MC7 first stage is really small and the second stage is quite compact. You would same a bit more money using a xs octo over the ellispe octo. And since you have used a xs octo, it is a pretty good breathing octo.

PS

If you want reviews on the Cresis ellispe, I would go to the Leisurepro website, they put their customer's reviews with the product they sell. Regardless of weather it is a good or bad review.

I was looking at the Cressi Eclipse Titanium a few months ago. My LDS is a Cressi, Sherwood and Oceanic dealer. I was also looking at the Sherwood Maximus and Oceanic Delta 4 FDX10. I eliminated the Cressi because it only has a 1 year warranty as opposed to a 2 year warranty for the others. My LDS gave me a smoking deal on the Oceanic which ended the discussion. I believe regardless of the pricing the Delta 4 is the best of the 3 regs overall.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom