Which PI sites are best?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I gotta say......if you want peace and quiet with the ability to reach the party scene then anything in the Western Visayas from Boracay to Pandan is worth the trip. If you interested in dive training and do not want to repack and move locations then PG is the best bet. I am always harping on the DIVE DOJO. They have everything you are looking for when it comes to training....but then again so do many other operators in PG. The really good thing is that when you drop your bags in PG you are done moving around until it is time to leave. Now, the wrecks....well, there is only one good wreck to train on in PG (if it hasn't fell apart yet). All of the mechanics of teaching wreck diving can be done in PG. If I were going to teach wreck diving I would use the divesite called DRYDOCK. Write the folks in PG. They will square you away with everything. HAVE FUN!

Ditto with what everyone else is saying... although for a "local" scene, I like the overall vibe in Moalboal better than PG. You'll see a lot more of the "hard core partying" scene in PG, although you can find quiet places too :wink: Just my opinion though, I don't think you'll be unhappy with either place.

In PG I like Asia Divers and I've stayed at El Galleon Resort. They're both good, although the resort is a little more high end. The Point Bar has the best view on the beach :wink: In Moalboal, I stayed at Eves and dived at Nelson's. No wreck diving in Moalboal but you said you were going to wait until your partner left for that.

Anilao is also very kick back, but no nightlife there. Great diving though :wink:

In 2 months, you should have time to dive all the major spots :)

For that Castaway like feeling you are searching for, I would recommend Siquijor or even Romblon Romblon. I enjoyed both of these spots, neither of them have what you would call a robust tourist industry but you can find good accomodations with a little pre planning and they both have some very good dive spots.

I also vote for Coron for the wreck penetration course as well as lots of other opportunities to explore and enjoy yourself like taking a side trip to the Caluit Game Preserve and Wildlife Sanctuary.

Lastly if you are going to traveling around alot, I would recommend purchasing a Sportsman Club membership on PAL, which helps alot while lugging your SCUBA gear from island to island.

Cheers

Kathy, in PG both the Divedojo (where BabyD recommended) and TechAsia (the Technical shop at Asia divers, where Bill22 recommended) are very well renown shops for the kind of instruction you are looking for. Divedojo is smaller, more personalised, but both are top notch!

:coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom