which p-valve model?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm having fits with my Light Monkey balanced valve. Some of these were, per @Wibble due to the chimp on the other end.

Not sure why, but even when not connected to the chimp I get leaks. I've deliberately or inadvertently done the following experiments:

1. Valve screwed tight, male QD plugged into female. It leaks
2. Valve screwed tight, male QD not plugged in. Stayed dry.
3. Valve open, male QD plugged in. Leaked.
4. Valve closed, male QD plugged in and connected to chimp. Leaked.
5. Valve open, male QD plugged in and connected to chimp. Chimp did NOT deploy urine. Still leaked. (Or did deploy, and leaked.)

Inititally I thought I had issues with urine going to the wrong place, but now realize it was sea water. (No wonder the undergarment and suit didn't smell bad.....)

Weird part is the wettest spot is right at the valve just above my knee. The wetness then seems to run up along the hose routing. Minimal (or no) wetness at the crotch. (I will reach out and internet smack the first person that says "That's what she said!")

Maybe I just need to tear apart the valve? Any advice appreciated.
There's a duck valve behind the norprene tube on the outlet side. If it was installed incorrectly, it can fall into the body and you're now going to get leaks if the valve is open.

Unscrew the norprene tube from the main body, and you should be able to see the white duck valve. It's got a flange that should sit on a ridge just past the threaded hole. The tube is supposed to hold it in place.

If you lube the duck valve a bit when you reinstall it, it shouldn't distort when tightening down the norprene tube.

Someone at LM walked me through this once, and I have had no issues since.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom