Which one should I choose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tigertail

Reaction score
I want to dive in Thailand, but there are so many dive schools and liveaboard boats to choose from who do I select? I'm looking for comfort, and fun for both day trips and on a liveaboard for January.
Can anyone give me some advice?

Hello Tigertail !!!!

Just back from a stunning holiday in Phuket. I did a live aboard scuba week with Colona 6. Every things was great, the crew, food, dive sites, the guys on the boat Mark and Raoul they were extremely nice and funny.
Was a such a great vacation. I booked throw internet, www.liveaboard-thailand.com.
I would like to be in your shoes to be able to be there again !!!!!

There is indeed a huge choice of boats. Colona 6 as mentioned above is a good mid price boat - Mark and Raoul are surely some of the best tour leaders you will find here.

The liveaboard boat you choose will depend on your dates, your budget and the style of boat you are looking for. Day trips from Phuket are all pretty much the same whoever you book with and shops will often book on the same day trip boats.

More Information

Liveaboards

Day trips

bondibeachh:
Hello Tigertail !!!!

Just back from a stunning holiday in Phuket. I did a live aboard scuba week with Colona 6. Every things was great, the crew, food, dive sites, the guys on the boat Mark and Raoul they were extremely nice and funny.
Was a such a great vacation. I booked throw internet, www.liveaboard-thailand.com.
I would like to be in your shoes to be able to be there again !!!!!

Hello BondiBeachh !!!

Nice to have your news and happy to realize that you really enjoy your week with us !!!
We hope to see you soon down here !!!
A big hugs from Raoul and Mark as weel !!!
Take Care.

search this forum under my name or "phuket" for my reports on day-trips around phuket

I also just returned from a 6-day trip on the Colona VI (Nov 4-10) and it was wonderful! Mark is a great guide and a very cool guy. He really tried to schedule it so we had some of the dive sites to our boat only as some of the sites could get really crowded.

We did 5 dives at Richelieu Rock, one of them a night dive! Just amazing!

- MikeT

I just return yesterday from a 4 days liveaboard on Siam 3 and 4 at the Similan Islands.Had a blast!Most dive sites were not damage by the tsunami.Viz was easily between 60 to 100 plus feet on most days.The diving was great, and the boats,food and rooms were of good value for the cost!Of course there are more expensive /luxury type boats.But for me Siam 3 and 4 are comfortable enough for most average divers.Most of the divers are from Europe,Russia and Asia.Few Americans on my trip.Maybe the season just started.One DM to 4-6 divers.Very well run operation.Contact Gilbert of Sunrise and he'll arrange your trip for you.I was a walk in customer and Sunrise still manage to get me on the boats.Well good luck.Similan is worth the trip.Fredi,

Yeah, I have just returned from a cruise onboard Le Mahe and would have to agree with Utsubo - great value and a fun going crew.
They have 3 guides ( 12 guests max ) who know their stuff and are always keen to show you the extra detail.
Born was especially kind and I will be returning next year to see the Whale sharks!!!
I booked direct through Ocean Lovers and they were easy to deal with.
http://www.phuket-diving-thailand.com

Back
Top Bottom