Which older set of regs to keep?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

True but I like to tinker with the regs.:)
Still, it's nice to have the ability to change the setting from time to time, esp if you like to set them on the edge like I do.

The ones I like have a port plug opposite the hose for access to the spring tension adjustment.

Regarding getting parts for the Dacor- I'm not a dealer and don't have an especially close relationship with any of my LDS since most of my gear is pre-used for me via SB or Craigslist. Any other ideas to get the parts other than just sauntering up to them and asking them to order a parts kit for me?

Dacor parts are easy, no Dacor kits have been made in many years and it's very unlikely any dealer will still have the old parts around so no use asking.
Trident which is an aftermarket parts seller has a good number of the Dacor HP seats and most shops are Trident dealers so I would think most would be willing to special order them for you. Here is the Trident catalog http://www.tridentdive.com/ , it's huge so it will take a while to download. If you are looking for complete kits, it very unlikely you will find them and if you do, who knows how old they are or how well they were stored. Your best bet is to dissamble your reg, determine what HP seat it has and the size of all the internal Orings then order the correct HP seat from Trident and the rest of the Orings from a reputable oring dealer....no hardware stuff. Do not go by the manuals, Dacor was bad for swapping around the HP seats within a given model and a lot of the other parts around it (springs, balance chambers and the like) are paired with that particular style seat. The only sure way to get the correct seat is to compair it to the ones Trident sells.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom