Which of these would you keep, and which would you sell?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Denzel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey,

I’m currently taking my SSI Open Water class, and I scored a couple really good bundle deals a couple weeks ago on equipment. Everything has only been used in fresh water.

I have these, without attached octos.

2 x Scuba Pro R190 (2nd Stage Only)
Scuba Pro R295 + MK2 1st Stage (DIN)
Scuba Pro D400 (2nd Stage Only)
Scuba Pro D300 (2nd Stage Only)
Scuba Pro G250V + MK25 1st Stage (DIN)
Scuba Pro S600 + MK25 1st Stage (DIN)
Apeks XTX50 + 1st Stage (DIN)
Atomic Aquatics Ti2 (Second Stage Only)

I have a ScubaPro Classic Plus BCD with Air2, does that mean I don’t need an octo?

I also have a friend who’s also taking the open water class with me, and am thinking about selling him the R295 w/ an R190 for an octopus to get him started.

So far from reading, I am thinking keeping the D400 and G250V because I’ve read a lot of positive reviews and the D400 seems to be a legendary reg. It seems like the S600 is worth the most, but I’ve read mixed reviews so I’m leaning toward selling. Let me know what you think I should keep, and what should be paired together, thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_5393-compressed.jpeg
    IMG_5393-compressed.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5396-compressed.jpeg
    IMG_5396-compressed.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5397-compressed.jpeg
    IMG_5397-compressed.jpeg
    45.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5398-compressed.jpeg
    IMG_5398-compressed.jpeg
    57 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5399-compressed.jpeg
    IMG_5399-compressed.jpeg
    56.4 KB · Views: 16
Get rid of Rs and Apex - that is if you must part with any. Don’t knock s600 - it is a solid work horse regulator.

Keep the S600 and G250 along with Mk25s and you won't be disappointed. I have both and enjoy both, parts are easy to get and service is available just about everywhere. Two full sets will be sufficient for a long time, even if you go technical later. The Mk2 and D400 will make a good pony reg set as well. I would sell the rest.

2 x Scuba Pro R190 (2nd Stage Only)
Scuba Pro R295 + MK2 1st Stage (DIN)
Scuba Pro D400 (2nd Stage Only)
Scuba Pro D300 (2nd Stage Only)
Scuba Pro G250V + MK25 1st Stage (DIN)
Scuba Pro S600 + MK25 1st Stage (DIN)
Apeks XTX50 + 1st Stage (DIN)
Atomic Aquatics Ti2 (Second Stage Only)
Keep, and keep paired:
MK25 + G250
MK25 + S600
MK2 + D400

Maybe keep:
D300 (if you decide to ditch the Air2 and use an octo)

Sell:
2 x R190
R295
Apeks reg set
Atomic Ti2 second stage

A quick note about the Atomic second stage... Atomic makes excellent regs, but if you're not using a matched Atomic reg set, I'd just sell it. Also, titanium isn't the best idea if you're going to use nitrox in the future. It's probably not going to burst into flames on you, especially with recreational nitrox mixes, but titanium and higher concentrations of O2 are a poor combination.

If you cn only keep one, easy, the G250V. Workhorse regulator, easy to service, good parts availability, legendary itself. Still in production under the Blue H brand.

If you are committed to the Air 2 then it becomes your regulator and you donate your primary. It makes no sense to me as a minimalist to have two second stages plus an Air 2.

Condition being equal of course.

The Mark 2 plus R295 and R190 are a good backup, loaner or sell to buddy set. Or sell him/her the S600 plus the R295.

are you doing to DIY your own maintenance? if not, standardize on scubapro and keep the modern ones. sell the apeks to the friend, sell the atomic, and the d series to somebody that wants to tinker with them.

I actually prefer the D300 to the D400, I have several of each. They’re both fantastic 2nd stages. Most people would rather have a D400, but for whatever reason, I have found the 300s to be less finicky. They are very similar, at least that’s true for the earlier versions of the D400. At some point, SP ‘upgraded’ the D400 to have a removable plastic orifice and I have not had good luck with those.

Any of the regs you listed are fine. I would sell the BC/Air2 combo and get a more minimal BC and use an alternate 2nd stage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom