Which of These Fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tito

Reaction score
I need a good fin to use interchangibly between scuba, moderate freediving, and snorkeling. I'll probably get freediving fins seperately. But for an all around fin which of these do you think is the best choice?

Cressi-Sub Reaction Pro
d_m_reaction_pro.jpg

Cressi Pro Star
d_m_pro_star.jpg

Mares Volo Race
MRSFVR.JPG

Yes i want a full foot fin, which i'll wear with a sock. Also if anyone has any other suggestions feel free to contribute. Thx

I have the Volo Power (pretty similar to the Volo Race) and don't like them very much. They seem to flex and bend and feel insubstantial when I kick. I think perhaps if I didn't normally use a stiff fin I would have developed a kicking style that was better to the Volos, but so far I don't like them.
They also don't seem to perform very well against currents or surge-y conditions.

I haven't tried either of those Cressi fins.

I have no experience with the full foot models. I do like the
Mares Volo for uses similar to those you propose.

tito:
I need a good fin to use interchangibly between scuba, moderate freediving, and snorkeling. I'll probably get freediving fins seperately. But for an all around fin which of these do you think is the best choice?

Cressi-Sub Reaction Pro
d_m_reaction_pro.jpg

Cressi Pro Star
d_m_pro_star.jpg

Mares Volo Race
MRSFVR.JPG

Yes i want a full foot fin, which i'll wear with a sock. Also if anyone has any other suggestions feel free to contribute. Thx

=========================================

Let me know if you decide on the Mares Volo Race and wear a size 10 - 10.5. I have a brand new pair, still in the plastic and never been in water. Black with Yellow accent color.

They are a great fin. My wife and both ordered a pair but I ended up liking the Force Fin more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom