Which new reg???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wouldn't say near future, but def a good possibility at some point.
Actually I just ordered the 200, got a pretty good deal, and I'm probably going to pick up a DS4.

grunzster:
I wouldn't say near future, but def a good possibility at some point.
Actually I just ordered the 200, got a pretty good deal, and I'm probably going to pick up a DS4.

I've got a flat body second stage reg on my pony, it stows real nice with the coiled hose along the tank "13cu". Apeks makes one, I think theirs is called the "egress"

Yeah the egress is the one from apeks. Unfortunately they got called out of north america before they were on the shelf. Almost recalled I guess. not yet available

Huh.... too bad I like apeks stuff.

Mine is actually a Oceanic slim line from L.P. $49.00. It has worked well for years, I even tested it at 145' just to see how it breathed. Not bad, Not as good as my S.C. HP250 but not bad.

The only reason not to have a hi-perf reg as a back up is cost. You want comfort when you are putting 700 dives on a reg....back up is life support....and I am sure you would be happy in the situation just to have air.

sirensmyst:
The only reason not to have a hi-perf reg as a back up is cost. You want comfort when you are putting 700 dives on a reg....back up is life support....and I am sure you would be happy in the situation just to have air.

I guess I agree.... to me it's like this...

At one point in my life I carried a gun, as I was carrying it day in day out it was always uncomfortable and in the way.... the seat belt wouldn't sit right, screwed up the lines of the suit etc. I wished the gun could be a tiny pea shooter.... But on the occasion that I needed it I wished it was an Abrams tank.

My 13 cuft pony and it's coiled hose and lo profile reg are often a hassle, but if I ever ever run out of air I know I will want it to turn into twin H.P. 120s with 4 redundant Poseidon regs and a few apeks as well.

Sean326:
I guess I agree.... to me it's like this...

At one point in my life I carried a gun, as I was carrying it day in day out it was always uncomfortable and in the way.... the seat belt wouldn't sit right, screwed up the lines of the suit etc. I wished the gun could be a tiny pea shooter.... But on the occasion that I needed it I wished it was an Abrams tank.

My 13 cuft pony and it's coiled hose and lo profile reg are often a hassle, but if I ever ever run out of air I know I will want it to turn into twin H.P. 120s with 4 redundant Poseidon regs and a few apeks as well.
Yup that's why I went with a 30 was almost going to get a 40 and decided to just go with another 200 (of course I did get a deal on the reg) actually and the tank too!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom