Which Kona dive operator from King Kam hotel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bruizer_man

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I am PADI advanced and will be staying at the King Kamehameha hotel in KK next week for 10 days.

I searched the forum and found Jack's Diving Locker, Dive Tek, Dive Makai, Sandwich Isle, Kona Honu, and Big Island. How to choose?

Please advise on what dive operator you would go with for a dive package (4-5 days).

Thanks.

Last edited:
Jacks, Big Island, and Kona Honu are all in Kailua Town and close to the King Kam. Cant go wrong with any of them, make sure you do the Manta Dive!

Jacks, Big Island, and Kona Honu are all in Kailua Town and close to the King Kam. Cant go wrong with any of them, make sure you do the Manta Dive!
Thanks for the info. I'm thinking JDL. They are within walking distance of the King Kam. Gonna give them a call to discuss details.

Last edited:
The manta dive is a must, so make sure to book it (at least once!). Most dive boats launch from the same harbor, so location is not really an issue. If you want to experience diving from a more personal, less crowded boat, I'd recommend Wanna Dive. I just did 4 days of diving with them last month and had a great time. I also went out with Jack's two years ago and it was a good experience but I prefer smaller boats now.

Have fun and dive safely!

I just got off the phone with Erica (very nice) at JDL and will be diving on:

MO, 1/12 - manta
TU, 1/13 - morning
WE - N/A
TH, 1/15 - morning (or manta again if no sightings on TH)
FR, 1/16 - morning

Starting to get excited now!

Dennis Leonard
PADI advanced
DAN#1365379
:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom