Which is a good mask with downward view

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_moron

Contributor
Reaction score
I currently dive with a SubaPro Fino. It's a good mask, but I've to struggle to look down at my waist strap.

Which mask on the market offers a better peripheral and up and down vision?

Thanks for any help.

I am almost hesitant to ask why you are looking at your waist...

But anyway, something like the Cressi Big eyes mask or similar might be the ticket. I keep one as a backup mask and it offers nice downward vision.

The handle to my left weight pouch got tangled on kelp and accidently released. It was only 4lbs., and I was able to retrive and inserted it back. However, it takes a bit more time to get the locking tab to align and lock without being able to see.

I have used a Cressi Big Eyes before, and it does work very well.

Tusa Powerview is also another excellent choice

"The TUSA M-24 Powerview mask is slightly larger than most masks, but extremely low profile giving you the best possible view. This mask has a reverse teardrop shape to the lens, with an expanded bottom portion, giving you a greater downward view. "

Atomic Frameless has great up-down and lateral field of vision. It's low volume and frameless design mean the glass is closer to your eyes, allowing a field of vision larger than the TUSA Visualator I used to dive. So even though "the glass" on other masks may be larger than the Atomic, the Atomic still has greater field of view.

I'm only a newbie doing my OW but I'm happy with the performance of my Cressi Matrix (Black). Thing its a development of the Big Eyes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom