Which Hawaiian island is best for shore diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The say confession is good for the soul: truth be told, I haven’t dived (dove/dave) with Jack’s in ages. I just happen to like their hoody.

My favorite Kona dive boat is operated by Pacific Rim—and I love their t-shirts. Alas, no hoody.

But my absolute favorite used to be Sandwich Isle Divers. Sadly Lara and Steve closed their shop awhile back. No hoody, either, but a great sweatshirt that I wear only rarely: it’s becoming an antique!

View attachment 598131View attachment 598132

Joe

That Pacific Rim shirt is great! I haven't been out with them. See their boat all the time and follow them on social media. They are on my list of shops I'd like to check out.

I went out with Kohala Divers the other day - hands down the nicest dive boat I've ever been on. I had heard it was a nice boat, but I had no idea. Two ladders with wide treads that are comfortable. A big swim platform and not one, but two (!), hot water showers. The head is on the main deck, too. Plenty of room to move around. I've never gone out on their boat before, because they are not a cheap shop to dive with (their prices are good for gear though), but that boat was a treat.

Aquatic Life has a nice boat, too.

I never made it out with Sandwich Isle Divers.

I'm hoping all the shops survive this shut down. Especially since our opening just got postponed another month.

B9E1B5BD-8A6F-4FB7-8FC5-9938034F3267.jpeg
53EA0B61-E42B-4715-8BDF-7C793FCAB34F.jpeg
Hi,

Be warned: Pacific Rim has changed its logo—much more sleek and artistic.

They used to have a somewhat small, but very fast 6 pack, now they have a more luxurious 34’ boat that is just as fast. And they are great people!

Joe

Maui has the best shore diving in my opinion. The Big Island has great diving as well, but itʻs hard to beat the Mala Pier shore dive in Lahaina. Thereʻs a bunch of companies that strictly offer shore diving in West Maui. Check out Banyan Tree Divers.

Maui has the best shore diving in my opinion. The Big Island has great diving as well, but itʻs hard to beat the Mala Pier shore dive in Lahaina. Thereʻs a bunch of companies that strictly offer shore diving in West Maui. Check out Banyan Tree Divers.
Do dolphins come there too?

Back
Top Bottom