Which HARNESS and why? for your BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tried uploadng a picture of my set-up but for some reasons...I am always getting an error message such as ...invalid file

Thanks for posting the evidence. Whoever did this to you should pay dearly. No Scuba diver should be humiliated like this!

Hog Harness on both my rigs, and I have dived one of them using doubles, wearing nothing more than a Speedo, booties, fins, and a hood (I get cold). I was perfectly comfortable, in regards to the harness. My dive buddies and the tech dive team we were supporting on the other hand... :wink: :eek:

69122_161400337216890_100000407737818_425519_1653998_n.jpg

Peace,
Greg

While the picture could be construed by some as an example of cross-over, it does not, regrettably, depict the harness cross-over Ailiguy was after...:D

:headscratch: The safety advantages of a quick release buckle(s) on the shoulder strap of any type of harness or BC is self evident.

:headscratch: The safety advantages of a quick release buckle(s) on the shoulder strap of any type of harness or BC is self evident.

Having a few hundred dives in a jacket, & a few hundred more in a Transpack, & a few hundred more in a standard Hog harness, I fail to see how.

Yes, which is why the majority of the technical and cave diving community endeavor to festoon their gear with plastic QR buckles whenever they plan to do high-risk dives....

....oh, wait a minute... they don't. I wonder why that is.... :idk: :rofl3:

Joking aside.... not everything about scuba diving is 'self-evident'. Some things can be quite counter-intuitive.

Last edited:

Really? Do fill us in. Most of us have been completely missing these and inadvertently putting our lives at risk.

Hog Harness on both my rigs, and I have dived one of them using doubles, wearing nothing more than a Speedo, booties, fins, and a hood (I get cold). I was perfectly comfortable, in regards to the harness. My dive buddies and the tech dive team we were supporting on the other hand... :wink: :eek:

69122_161400337216890_100000407737818_425519_1653998_n.jpg

Peace,
Greg

Thanks a lot. Bleeding eye balls just before Christmas is what I wanted. As the great one Eric Cartman says. "That's just wrong I tell you! Wrong!"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom