Which Gopro mount?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I'm reading these posts correctly, blabber was using the "eye of mine" housing , not the GoPro housing. My GoPro has been to 100 feet already with no problems at all. P.S. Sorry that yours flooded!!!

If I'm reading these posts correctly, blabber was using the "eye of mine" housing , not the GoPro housing. My GoPro has been to 100 feet already with no problems at all. P.S. Sorry that yours flooded!!!

Yes Blabber.
Have you contacted Eye of mine to see if they can do something for you since that's the housing you were using when the camera flooded?

I apologize for the confusuon I mispoke. All I bought was a flat lense not the entire housing. I thought I bought it from eye of mine but if all they sell are complete housings I didnt get it from them. Thats why I have been dealing with gopro and they have not been very helpful.

I do believe it was a combination of current/flow and pressure. Try squeezing the housing slightly between the heel of your hands and fingers and have somebody, or if your coordinated enough to do it yourself, flip up the latch and see if there is much of a difference in effort with and without pressure.

There is a considerable difference with mine and I could easily see it opening again especially when I dive in the St Clair River.

Curious what you come up with if you try it. Maybe I just got a bad one but cant get gopro to look at it.

I apologize for the confusuon I mispoke. All I bought was a flat lense not the entire housing. I thought I bought it from eye of mine but if all they sell are complete housings I didnt get it from them. Thats why I have been dealing with gopro and they have not been very helpful.

I do believe it was a combination of current/flow and pressure. Try squeezing the housing slightly between the heel of your hands and fingers and have somebody, or if your coordinated enough to do it yourself, flip up the latch and see if there is much of a difference in effort with and without pressure.

There is a considerable difference with mine and I could easily see it opening again especially when I dive in the St Clair River.

Curious what you come up with if you try it. Maybe I just got a bad one but cant get gopro to look at it.

I actually got my Gopro in the mail yesterday and tried to open the housing by squeezing the front and back with one hand and lifting up the latch with the other and it felt very tight and secure but doable.
Haven't dove with it yet though.

Blabber, are the rubber strips on the back of the housing still intact? My latch is so hard to open sometimes I feel as though I'm going to break something. In other words it could never open by itself. :idk:

Yep it was actually brand new including the LCD backpack. I bought it for our trip to Florida. Our 1st dive was Blue Grotto and we went to about 100ft and It recorded the whole dive until we surfaced. Last time I got to use it the whole trip. We dove on the Spiegal, Duane and some reefs. Really wanted some pics to bring home. :depressed:

You were diving wrecks with a head mount? I wonder if you might have caught the latch on something. The pressure would have kept it sealed, then when you surfaced the air in the case re-expanded and broke the seal. (I'm thinking out loud!!)

Nope I never got a hance to use it on the wrecks only Blue Grotto. I dont recall bumping on the sealing in the grotto but it is possible. I went up inside the bell as well and it could have been bumped there so i had been thinking along those lines. The real kicker is the video is still good (although I am not a very good videographer) I have watched the 45 minute film several times and dont see where it hit anything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom