Which Gopro mount?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H20man

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Which mount and set-up do you guys use for underwater video recording with the Gopro?
Sartek housing, Eye of mine, German lens, or Mako lens?

Last edited:
I believe I ordered the eye of mine and it came with a flat lense and red filter. Im by no means a photographer. I just boght it and turn it on. I got the flat lense and red filter because thats what i read was recommended. It is set on r5 and I am happy with the videosl.
I was using the head mount but at some point during a dive the case came open and camera flooded. The LCD backpack kept overheating but the camera seems to be ok after 2 weeks in a bag of rice. From now on I rubber band the housing latch because I think it gets too loose at depth. I also switched over to wrist mount so that I can see any potential leaks and abort the dive before it is completley flooded.

At what depth were you when the camera flooded, maybe you didn't lock the latch correctly?

Mako port. Max depth with this has been 170'.

I use ULCS arms & balls to mount to my scooter.

All the best, James

I'm using the Mako flat lens, waiting for my red filter and tripod mount that I will retrofit to a pistol grip.

It was locked properly I double check and tripple check. Max depth was 100 ft. It recorded the whole dive and when I surfaced I stuck my head under the water when I was taking off my fins and that is when it flooded. The latch was half open. I notice when I put pressure on the case the latch becomes very easy to lift up. I am thinking at depth with the pressure and the flow from the spring this might be what caused it to partially open. When I surfaced there was no more pressure to keep it closed. Just a theory though.

It was locked properly I double check and tripple check. Max depth was 100 ft. It recorded the whole dive and when I surfaced I stuck my head under the water when I was taking off my fins and that is when it flooded. The latch was half open. I notice when I put pressure on the case the latch becomes very easy to lift up. I am thinking at depth with the pressure and the flow from the spring this might be what caused it to partially open. When I surfaced there was no more pressure to keep it closed. Just a theory though.

Wow that sucks.
Is this a known problem with the latch getting loose at depth?

Wow that sucks.
Is this a known problem with the latch getting loose at depth?

Yea it sucks. Ive been trying to get gopro to take a look at it but they dont seem to understand what I am trying to tell them. They have told me the seal was bad to put it in a pale of water to see where it was leaking from. Ridiculous! It ws the first chance I got to use the camera. :dontknow

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom