Which fins to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That makes no physical sense unless it is a Claude Van Damme style flying spinning air kick in fins.:D

Some reviews say that frog kick is awkward and they are suited for only one kick style.

Others contradict. And say they can do frog kick.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fins-masks-snorkels/339631-scubapro-seawing-nova-review.html

As with any fin, fit is most important. Try the fin out in a pool and make a decision based upon the best one.

The guy I spoke with said that he felt that the novas wobbled during helicopter kicks and that he thought the scubapro jets and the hollis fins were better in that respect. He tried them out, I didn't. As far as the frog kick, thats good to know. About 80% of my kicking is either frog or modified frog.

APS Mantaray fins.

APS Mantaray Dive Fins

Light weight, strong thrust, soft foot pocket and way smaller than most fins.

I'm dumping my Jet fins now that I have been diving these.

Specifically what fins are you using right now? How do you like the current fins that you have? Are they too hard or too soft? Are you thinking of or currently diving in overhead or confined places? Do you dive in strong current?

Answer those and some of the more experienced will be able to help you find a fin that works for YOU rather than giving an opinion of a fin that works for them. :wink1:

I suggest we all wait until Padi Diver responds to PJones' criteria of fin selection before throwing more fin brand names into the ring. The fins to buy aren't the latest over-hyped foot appendages made from oil derivatives with fancy chemical names and guaranteed to meet your airline's baggage restrictions. The fins to buy are those that fit your feet, not anybody else's, and match whatever you, not anybody else, hope to achieve with them.

Dear David, Having a fin that hangs off the end of your foot makes no sense at all. Even if it fits you must hold your toes pointed to keep a proper angle of attack. Pointed toes means constricted muscles, without relaxation, which causes cramps...... whether you eat Bananas or not. Force Fin: The Foot Tells All

Dear David, Having a fin that hangs off the end of your foot makes no sense at all. Even if it fits you must hold your toes pointed to keep a proper angle of attack. Pointed toes means constricted muscles, without relaxation, which causes cramps...... whether you eat Bananas or not. Force Fin: The Foot Tells All

When you have a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail!

:eyebrow:

Last edited:
When you have a hammer, the who world looks like a nail!

:eyebrow:

:rofl3:

Oh! Those poor little who's!

Bob, You should know as well (or better) than anyone else on this board that one fin does not work best in all applications. After all isn't that why you offer 8 different models? Why not wait for the OP to answer some basic questions that would allow people to see the requirements of this individual instead of throwing out random suggestions and flooding the OP's head with more confusion. Once the OP has stated the types of diving and given an indication of the strengths of their legs and the weight/size of their equipment then maybe you can help find them a fin of yours that best suits their needs instead of just giving a blanket statement which people will be quick to disregard.

I don't really know why you directed your comment to David as he is one of the few who hasn't suggested a fin for the OP let alone a fin that "hangs off the end of your foot". Directing your comment to any of the other posters would have been more fitting.:wink1:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom