Which family of drygloves is the best?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks so much for the answers. Has anyone ever used these?

They do not have any ring. Are they any good?
You linked your own thread back into itself.

Thanks. I meant these ones. They look simple.

How do you equalise those gloves when deep or ascending?

It’s damn uncomfortable with your hands crushed or like balloons when ascending.

How do you equalise those gloves when deep or ascending?

It’s damn uncomfortable with your hands crushed or like balloons when ascending.
Place a tube or thumb loop from your undergarment under your wrist seal. These gloves go on top of the wrist seals. It's difficult to get them flat without a buddy, and they can pop off in the water if you have too much air in the glove.
The absolute worst dry glove system I used was the SiTeck oval system. The little tabs would come loose if I reached for anything, and two of the glove rings broke during setup.
The DUI ZipSeals are way too expensive to replace.

Place a tube or thumb loop from your undergarment under your wrist seal. These gloves go on top of the wrist seals. It's difficult to get them flat without a buddy, and they can pop off in the water if you have too much air in the glove.
The absolute worst dry glove system I used was the SiTeck oval system. The little tabs would come loose if I reached for anything, and two of the glove rings broke during setup.
The DUI ZipSeals are way too expensive to replace.
Seem that those gloves are sort of a poor man’s real dry gloves. Meaning that any dryglove system you choose should be capable of easy and reliable donning and doffing.

Re: Si-tec that’s what most people I’ve heard complain about.

I tried a pair, and found them to be a PITA even with a buddy. I do a lot of solo diving, and never found a way to put them on by myself.

DW

Kubi popped off constantly on me.

The old Si tech were a real PITA to get off.

4th element were a little hard to line up but mostly impossible to keep the o-ring clean pre dive

Kubi popped off constantly on me.
My trick with Kubi rings is to dribble on the glove ring before squeezing them on as it lubricates them.

Have never had a Kubi pop off. Have not properly pushed them home — some of the red O-ring was showing — and immediately noticed when jumping in, then I properly seated the ring!

Have had Kubis for 7 years and hundreds of dives (500+) and found them to be good.

I tried a pair, and found them to be a PITA even with a buddy. I do a lot of solo diving, and never found a way to put them on by myself.

DW
You have to roll them on. Trying to put the second one on without rolling is nearly impossible. I love the simplicity of the Ultima system. Simply pop the glove on and dive. The Rolock 90 is more secure, and really easy to get in and out of. The rings in this video haven't been greased enough. They actually move more freely than this. I also cut off my wrist seals, making it easier to equalize the gloves and to get in and out of the gloves.

The Ultima and Rolock suit rings are similar, so this is the way I attach the wrist seals.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom