Which drygloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoss

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So, i'm considering adding dry gloves to my existing drysuit.
I have narrowed it down to 3 by personal recommendations & web searches.
-RoLock
-SiTec
-Viking

My criteria: -want to keep wrist seal. -prefer less bulky system. - i have latex seals currently. -site replaceable seals/gloves nice, but not essential.

On issue i have is that the arms on my drysuit were always a bit short, so if i can compensate a little when fitting the gloves that would be good. anyone know which system might be better for that?

So, i'm considering adding dry gloves to my existing drysuit.
I have narrowed it down to 3 by personal recommendations & web searches.
-RoLock
-SiTec
-Viking

My criteria: -want to keep wrist seal. -prefer less bulky system. - i have latex seals currently. -site replaceable seals/gloves nice, but not essential.

On issue i have is that the arms on my drysuit were always a bit short, so if i can compensate a little when fitting the gloves that would be good. anyone know which system might be better for that?

I cannot speak for the RoLock but the Viking and the SI Tech are both good systems. The Viking bayonette system is an awesome system but not for men with large hands. I had to switch to the SI Tech glove loc system from the viking because the opening was slightly bigger. I was unable to get my hand through the Viking module without crunching it uncomfortably (and almost everytime separating the ring from the seal).

I love the Glove Loc system but honestly do prefer the Viking.

Extending the arms.......in theory you can adjust where on the seal you put the ring and therefore gaining a little bit of length but I would never consider a dry glove the solution for an ill-fitting suit (personally).

Another option is Diving Concepts drygloves. It's a bit of a pain to change the gloves/seals but they are easy to put on and take off. You can retain the inner wrist latex seal, and in 200+ dives I've yet to have a problem.

I prefer no wrist seal so that I can let air up into my glove to warm my hands if needed. This is for colder water from 34-54F. Above that I usually have wet gloves on.

I prefer no wrist seal so that I can let air up into my glove to warm my hands if needed. This is for colder water from 34-54F. Above that I usually have wet gloves on.

I left my seal in tact "just in case" and simply leave the fabric pull tag on my undergarment sleeves extending through under the seal. This leaves enough room to let air in and out but to really limit the backflow in the event of a glove leak. Neither way is wrong, just a personal preference.

I like my sitechs, haven't tried the others, Wish I had tried drygloves earlier though, they are complete bliss.

I left my seal in tact "just in case" and simply leave the fabric pull tag on my undergarment sleeves extending through under the seal. This leaves enough room to let air in and out but to really limit the backflow in the event of a glove leak. Neither way is wrong, just a personal preference.

Some guys use a coffee stirrer too. The plastic ones with the hole in it of course.

I like my sitechs, haven't tried the others, Wish I had tried drygloves earlier though, they are complete bliss.

One thing I found just recently. The room where I stored my gloves had the register covered and therefore got quite cold (not close to freezing but it was a mud room and not built to be a living space).......I am using a black thicker glove and not the thinner smurf gloves.......and boy do they get rigid when cold. I had a heck of a time getting them on a couple weeks ago when I did my first dives since about October and once they were on, it was not warm enough out to warm the material enough to give me dexterity back. I learned a lesson.

/hijack

I've used or played with the DC, Sitek and Viking systems, and I much prefer the Viking bayonet rings. They are easily installed on the seal, without tools, and equally easily removed. Changing gloves is equally simple and can be done in the field, if you have spare gloves with you. You can use the Atlas gloves, which are inexpensive and for me, locally available. The things are bulky, but I haven't seen a system where the rings are really any less so, except the ones where the gloves have the seal on them, and those are reportedly a PITA to get on by yourself (not to mention that the gloves are expensive!)

No ring system is really going to make the arms of the dry suit any longer, but if you pull your seals a bit up your wrist, you can use the glove length to compensate for the increased distance from seal to fingertip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom