Which do you prefer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maranda1389

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
When it comes to computers, which do you prefer? Wrist computers or actual consol computers? I bought my computer (Oceanic Veo 180) before actually diving *stupid* and I HATE that it's a consol. I really wish I would have bought a wrist computer. It would be sooo much easier and convenient. My current computer always seems to get caught up and tangled no matter what or where I clip it/on my BC. I have a retractable clip attached to it but I am starting to think I would be better off without it. What type of computer do you dive with? Which do you prefer?

Sounds like you already have your mind made up. I agree with you: my computers are on my wrists. But the console doesn't have to be so much trouble. Get rid of the retractor, tie a bolt snap to your console (don't use the hose clip retainers displayed on that page), and clip it to a D-ring near your hip, or route it under your arm to the front of your BC. You may have to get a shorter hose on it to keep it streamlined against your body.

Where do you prefer to wear a watch during day-to-day life? On your wrist, or strapped to a hose-pipe that dangles by your thighs??

Why do you chose that option?

After that analysis...simply transfer that thought and apply it to a dive computer.... :wink:

Take the computer out of the consol and get a wrist boot for it. Then ditch the rubber consol and just use the pressure gauge, clipped off. Or put an analog depth guage in the empty space where your computer was.

Console clipped to right chest D where with one glance all information is processed.
Long hose for navigation and routed under arm because I am long.

Get a wrist computer...and you can transform your 'brick like' consol into a minimalist, non-annoying wonder like this...

spg-clip2005.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What Devon said.
The watch analogy was exactly why I took my computer out of the console.

I prefer the wrist style. Leaves my hands free for other things. If hanging out on an anchor line or such, I just turn the face of the computer to the inside of my wrist & can read it right there. I use 2 computers (redundancy), so I have one on each wrist.

Back
Top Bottom