Which Dive Shop in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try the Cozumel forum....lots of enthusiastic Coz lovers can explain the many choices for dive ops. :D

Cozumel - ScubaBoard

I'm planning on traveling to Cozumel August 26 thru 31 and would appreciate recommendations. I'm an advanced diver and would prefer smaller groups.

Thank you

Hallo
I recomend the Shop Deep Blue and Divechoice Mexico both are going to the right reefs with the right boat and equipment, search the sides in google

If you planing to do something else in Cozumel try the Cozumel Phototour Blog.

If you are hungry sometimes and you like to join the mexican cuisine visit the Cozumel Restaurant Guide.

Sorry i can not set directly links to webpages in the moment but you can find the Information very Easy over Google.

Have good Time on our Island
cmex

Advanced Divers. They have a nice large boat, but do not take large groups. You can stay in the shade if you want or get plenty of sun on top. If you want to spend an incredible day doing two 60 - 75 minute dives (our longest has been 96 minutes) and not get pounded by the waves and sunburned on a small, open boat, you will enjoy Advanced Divers. Your dive is over when you say it is over. They also serve a great lunch (free) during the SI. It is truly valet diving. My husband and I have over 500 dives all over the Caribbean and Fiji. Advanced Divers is simply the best operation you will ever find.

Go with Scorpio Divers... see my recent trip with them to cozumel. I just post review :D

Go with Scorpio Divers... see my recent trip with them to cozumel. I just post review :D
You wouldn't want to use a Cancun based shop if you're staying and diving in Couzmel. :wink:

Ronald, there are many dive ops in Cozumel that are good choices for advanced divers and most shops use small boats. To find one that will be a good match for you, you'll need to consider things like -

What price range do you want to be in? It varies from around $60-65 up to $85-90.
Small boats (6-8 divers) or big boats with divers split into groups?
Do you want the shop to rinse and store your gear?
Do you want all the extras like towels, fruit, snacks, beach SIs?
Do you have a tank preference? Most use AL80s, a few use HP and LP steel tanks (95, 100, 120 depending on the shop)
Where are you staying and do you want pier pick-up/drop-off?
How do you feel about diving in a mixed experience group? Some small shops with only one or two boats can't always group by experience level (but the DMs are great at planning a dive that keeps all levels interested and happy)

Everyone dives the same reefs. Price differences account for the additional level of service and amenities a shop offers. Small boats, 6-8 divers, "valet" style service with all the extras are the top end prices. At the other end of the price spectrum there are still some great shops but they are more no-frills, a boat ride, bottle of water and a DM. In the middle are a whole variety.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom