Which Dive resort?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattspiral8

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Alright, so I have decided I will be taking a trip back to Bali and do some diving in Tulamben. My friends gave me some suggestions and Narrowed it down to 3.

1. Liberty dive resort
2. Matahari Resort
3. Bali Dive Resort and Spa

Which one have you guys used and suggest?
Looking to do 3-4 dives a day with nitrox, and have our own dive guide, also have good choices of food at the resort.

Developing a love for macro photography, so would really appreciate a resort or guides that would help find all those special creatures.

Liberty Dive Resort fan here. Free Nitrox, great guides, and I get to make my own dive schedule. No worries about the guides being macro spotters, they are excellent, give your guide a list of what you want to see and they will take you to the site where it is, within the limits of the critter being around. Many of the guides are photographers themselves, so don't be affraid to ask for any tips.

I always stay at Liberty. They get it.

FWIW- Food should not really be a factor. You can walk to any resto/resort in Tulamben and enjoy the not-so-amazing food no matter where you stay.

Liberty Dive Resort fan here. Free Nitrox, great guides, and I get to make my own dive schedule. No worries about the guides being macro spotters, they are excellent, give your guide a list of what you want to see and they will take you to the site where it is, within the limits of the critter being around. Many of the guides are photographers themselves, so don't be affraid to ask for any tips.

Yeah thats why they are no. 1 on my list. The nitrox. Those photography tips would be so helpful! Im no where near an expert, maybe those guides will bring my photography up a level.

In addition to all of the above valid reasons for LDR, of the three, it is the closest one to the Liberty Wreck.

Previously I stayed at LDR 3x, but on my latest 5 visits I stayed at Puri madha, more budget friendly and the closest to the wreck. You can literally throw a stone to the wreck from the resort. Best location for early morning and night dive.
Large parking area, this is crucial as I always drive a rented car which I usually use to visit other site in Tulamben area. I don't like the idea of sitting on the open non-passenger car. Might not be covered by my insurance in case of accident.
Always get private guide, no extra cost, even if just myself. Nitrox to be ordered in advance as they don't have in-house.
Food is so so. But I have a car with me, can go anywhere in the area.

Depends what's open. A few months ago not all were. Tulumuben Wreck Divers is also great.

I recently stayed at Matahari. Decent place to stay. One thing though is that they offer an unlimited price point.
So two day dives and a night dive would exceed the maximum price point that is all you would pay. We had nitrox on every dive.
You can do 5 dives a day and they have a maximum price point. So if you did 4 or 5 dives a day the price point would be the fixed
Just outside of the resort are some local eateries with quite good food as well.
PS I did not let the scooter chaps bring back my dive kit from the wreck to the resort. They do it to earn some coin but it's my kit so it goes with me in the truck. It's like a 2 minute drive to the Liberty Wreck. You are close enough really and the water so calm you could just go from in front of Matahari and do a slow swim over. You make your own dive schedule with your guide. We would do 6:30am dives at the wreck and same day do a night dive there as well.
The other dive sites are close by sometimes you take a small boat out or sometimes a short drive in a truck. We went to Amed in the small truck sitting in the tray.

P9170032.JPG

P9180004.JPG

I recently stayed at Matahari. Decent place to stay. One thing though is that they offer an unlimited price point.
So two day dives and a night dive would exceed the maximum price point that is all you would pay. We had nitrox on every dive.
You can do 5 dives a day and they have a maximum price point. So if you did 4 or 5 dives a day the price point would be the fixed
Just outside of the resort are some local eateries with quite good food as well.
PS I did not let the scooter chaps bring back my dive kit from the wreck to the resort. They do it to earn some coin but it's my kit so it goes with me in the truck. It's like a 2 minute drive to the Liberty Wreck. You are close enough really and the water so calm you could just go from in front of Matahari and do a slow swim over. You make your own dive schedule with your guide. We would do 6:30am dives at the wreck and same day do a night dive there as well.
The other dive sites are close by sometimes you take a small boat out or sometimes a short drive in a truck. We went to Amed in the small truck sitting in the tray.

View attachment 757766

View attachment 757767

Oh did not know matahari had a unlimited diving package. I would definitely be interested in that especially at a fixed price.
Were you able to get your own private dive guide free of cost or was it extra? My wife and I really dont want to share our guides with other divers.

Did they charge for nitrox?

Matahari is one of my choices because its right beside the ocean. Not really keen on walking back and forth a distance from the resort to dive sites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom