which deco software?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hey all... i'm sort of easing my way into deco territory ... and i am looking at
the various programs

i've played with ZPlanner (freeware) and VPlanner (trial subscription)

so far i like VPlanner better

also, i was thinking of GUE's DecoPlanner

anyway... anybody has any feedback on these guys? preferences?
other choices?

price is an issue

V-Planner has gone up to $80. I just downloaded the new one last night. Sorry to see it leave the $59 it used to be. I've tried most of the others on a trial basis. I find V-Planner simple, and the people I know who use it for REAL deco-diving say they like the profiles it generates.

I notice the new version has a "best mix" feature which is handy and in can incorporate helium or not. So my vote goes to V-Planner. Cheap, works well, can use VPM/VPM-B/VPM-BE, custom gas mixes, does lost gas planning, has blending info, etc. Not bad for $80.

H2Andy:
price is an issue
Then...Ratio Deco.

I like Vplanner, hasn't bent me yet.

JeffG:
Then...Ratio Deco.
That's the most expensive of all since I am told you have to be tech 1 or 2 before it is even taught so I don't think that is the best deal cost wise.

For me v-planner has worked well and I have tried a few. My next favorite would be GAP.

That's the most expensive of all since I am told you have to be tech 1 or 2 before it is even taught

In the long run, wouldn't the price of doing deco dives based on software you might or might not know how to use properly -- and dives you might or might not know how to conduct properly -- be higher than dives done using a decompression system you actually got TAUGHT how to use? (Just to be provocative.)

wedivebc:
That's the most expensive of all since I am told you have to be tech 1 or 2 before it is even taught so I don't think that is the best deal cost wise.

For me v-planner has worked well and I have tried a few. My next favorite would be GAP.
LOL...Tech 1 or 2...hmmmm. Anyways, there is a pdf out there...If someone is willing to think.

TSandM:
In the long run, wouldn't the price of doing deco dives based on software you might or might not know how to use properly -- and dives you might or might not know how to conduct properly -- be higher than dives done using a decompression system you actually got TAUGHT how to use? (Just to be provocative.)
OK you got me there:06:

TSandM:
Decompression Systems being taught vs whats in software is a moving target.

Would you use yesterdays knowledge to do a dive today that you knew was not optimal?

H2Andy:
hey all... i'm sort of easing my way into deco territory ... and i am looking at
the various programs

i've played with ZPlanner (freeware) and VPlanner (trial subscription)

so far i like VPlanner better

also, i was thinking of GUE's DecoPlanner

anyway... anybody has any feedback on these guys? preferences?
other choices?

price is an issue

Check them out...:D

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com/decolinks.asp

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom