Which configuration of gear do you dive 99% of the time?

Which do you dive at present 99% of the time:

• Single tank open circuit

Votes: 153 76.1%
  • Double tank open circuit

Votes: 38 18.9%
  • Sidemount open circuit

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • SCR

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CCR

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • None of the above.....have gills!

Votes: 4 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For a gentle one hour bimble I use an Al 80, for a slightly longer dive I switch to an Al 100. For deeper dives (15-30m) I switch to a steel 15litre and side sling an AL40. Anything other than a "bounce" below 30m is done on twin (usually manifolded) 12litre steels usually with a 7litre side slung(50% O2) (Deep to 40m I'm on trimix)

Ya know, I wouldnt expect that many people in "Basic Scuba Discussion" to be running doubles.

I know I never will.

I use the correct gear for the dive I am doing.

I don't do 99% of any one particular type of dive.

I dive Single tank open circuit when teaching most recreational courses or for dives shallower than 30m

I dive Double tank open circuit for teaching tech and the recreational wreck and deep courses....and for any over-head environment dives...or when I will have a deco ceiling. Sometimes I take my doubles out to shallow water and just spend an hour doing drills and skills..

I, too, do not have any setup I use anywhere close to 99% of the time.

Working with students in the pool, I use the same equipment they do--jacket BCD and conventional setup.

On tropical vacations or when working with students in OW, I use my old back inflate BCD and a conventional regulator setup.

When diving doubles, I use a BP/W, long hose, etc.

double 95s 99% of the time...because it's what i own! :D

................. 2 even have gills!!!!!!

I'm just curious what those profiles are and the reason for them?
Thanks.

Long shore dives 1-2 hours in the 150ft range (typical) Long cave dives 2-3 hours, Deep wall dives 200-300ft, no reason, just because I like it.

Only 3 so far using a CCR unit.....surprising in a way.

Only 3 so far using a CCR unit.....surprising in a way.

Might be a lot more that don't use them 99% of the time

Back
Top Bottom