Which Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Then aren't you off topic?

An unpardonable sin here on SB; please lodge your objection(s) with the relevant authority. Make sure you address the off topicness of the Liquivision-discussing poster above me, too.

It's funny, OT happens so often around here. And then when it's convenient one will get moderated and warned not to do it. Then if one ever tells someone else they are OT they will get moderated and told to stop policing....

Anyways if someone wants to cut the OP key man pricing on any of those cool computers, send it to me first and I'll try it out. :) Otherwise I'd suggest keeping it real with regard to the OP's price range.

If OLED is the thing and your in no rush, may want to see what xDeep will cost for the OLED PDC they are making. Their goal is to have the Bottom Timer in the $350 range, and guess you can get software upgrades to it.

Darn, I ordered the DG03. Looks like I might end up with two computers if the xDeep is in the $350 range.

If OLED is the thing and your in no rush, may want to see what xDeep will cost for the OLED PDC they are making. Their goal is to have the Bottom Timer in the $350 range, and guess you can get software upgrades to it.

Darn, I ordered the DG03. Looks like I might end up with two computers if the xDeep is in the $350 range.

The Bottom Timer is in the 350 range, not sure about the PDC.

Well, I just got this sanctimonious little love note in my In Box and thought I'd share since it relates to my posts in this thread.

Dr. Lecter,

I understand you are
not a fan of our company or our products, that's OK. But please don't spread
disinformation such as the Lynx costing $1500 (false) and the Lynx having
battery issues (false). The Lynx is $999 without transmitter, $1399 with
transmitter. Some X1 customers have had battery issues; early Xen computers with
the smaller battery had less than stellar battery life which was addressed with
the larger and rechargeable batteries. All Xeo, Kaon and Lynx have the new
battery types.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products​

First off, he's right: with tax, a Lynx and transmitter may actually be more than $1500. But seriously, this is a general post offering ballpark numbers-- and I think it was fair when I assumed the only reason anyone would buy a Lynx would involve the features that require you to buy a transmitter to use. Huge disinformation there.

Second, I didn't mean to imply the Lynx has had battery issues. The Lynx was vaporware for so many months, with blown release date after blown release date, that it hasn't been in the wild long enough to develop any issues I'm aware of.

I was assuming (wrongly, from what I can tell from Liquivision's less than easy to navigate website...see below) that the Lynx and the Xeo used the same oddball batteries. But no! The Xeo, which has long had battery issues, started off using a totally different weirdass lithium cell from the Lynx. Now the Xeo uses the same weirdass lithium cell as the Lynx, as long as it's new enough and/or you've paid a fair bit of money for them to fix the battery issue your early Xeo had (see below). So to be clear, as I wouldn't want to spread any disinformation, the Lynx also uses some oddball battery...just not the ones that have given a number of Xeo users such headaches. So, if you have a Lynx and a Xeo, you can buy batteries twice...maybe, unless you have a new Xeo or want to pay Liquivision to fix their shoddy design. Regardless, the Lynx doesn't use that same problem cell. Hooray!

Or you could get a Petrel and use almost any AA battery under the sun. Not to mention that when Shearwater Predators had battery issues, kits to fix the issue went out fast, free, and without any fuss over whether they'd promised buyers they'd fix battery issues caused by suboptimal design.

Fattah, it's attitude like what's reflected in your blowhard message to me that keeps Liquivision doing so :censored:ing poorly in the customer service department. Take your concerns about "disinformation" and stuff them.

Xeos with serial numbers 1251 and higher can use 3.6V lithium 17335M disposable batteries as well as 3.6V lithium ICR16340 rechargeable batteries. These units have a white battery holder.

Xeos with serial numbers 1250 and lower which have a black battery holder will only work with 3.6V lithium ER14335M batteries. However, these units can be upgraded to the white battery holder for a fee of $99 (North America, incl. return shipping) or $129 (International, incl. return shipping).
You can purchase all three batteries at your local Liquivision Dealer. If you do not live near a Liquivision Dealer you can also order them from our webstore.
For the different battery options that are available please review our battery information chart.

What kind of batteries does the Lynx use and where can I get them? All Lynxes can use 3.6V lithium 17335M disposable batteries as well as 3.2V lithium K2 rechargeable batteries.
You can purchase all those batteries at your local Liquivision Dealer. If you do not live near a Liquivision Dealer you can also order them from our webstore.

Last edited:
All this fuss and the OP bought a DGO3

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom