Which Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hate MACs but got to say MacDive is pretty impressive.

I really like my DG03. Its easy to read and you shouldn't grow out of it. It can handle O2 up to 100% and 3 gasses. I'm upgrading from it now and will use it as bottom timer in gauge mode.

The cable is $90 which is a rip off. But the battery is user changeable.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I share your old eyes pain! A couple of other thoughts . . . you CAN get bifocal lenses to glue into a mask, or have somebody put them in for you, or buy a mask with ground-in lenses. (Dive Rite makes a nice one!)

Second, more light means easier reading. I'm sure they wouldn't fit in your budget, but the Liquivision Lynx or Xeo, with the OLED display, pretty much solve the number-reading problem, and have the advantage that you can read them easily in the dark.

I share your old eyes pain! A couple of other thoughts . . . you CAN get bifocal lenses to glue into a mask, or have somebody put them in for you, or buy a mask with ground-in lenses. (Dive Rite makes a nice one!)

Second, more light means easier reading. I'm sure they wouldn't fit in your budget, but the Liquivision Lynx or Xeo, with the OLED display, pretty much solve the number-reading problem, and have the advantage that you can read them easily in the dark.

I hear you on the eyesight. I bought a colour computer, it made all the difference for me. Would not consider a non colour computer ever again.

I'm sure they wouldn't fit in your budget, but the Liquivision Lynx or Xeo, with the OLED display, pretty much solve the number-reading problem, and have the advantage that you can read them easily in the dark.

I have no idea why anyone would pay more to enjoy a Lynx or an Xeo's battery issues and tap interface when they could just get a Petrel for $950, with a better screen than the Liquivsion/Atomic/Shearwater OLEDs. Maybe I'd get a Lynx if I wanted my tank to be raped by a myopic narwhal confused by the giant horn sticking off the first stage?

No idea why a recreational O/W diver would pay $950 for a computer...

I wasn't suggesting the OP get a Petrel, based on what he's considering it's out of his price range. But it would make more sense than getting a Xeo (much less a $1500 Lynx). And there's plenty of reason to spend that kind of money for diving if you have it: I got a Cobalt while a recreational O/W diver and loved it. Would a Zoop have worked, too? Sure, but I could afford and enjoyed the Cobalt more than I would have the Zoop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom